Position Reports To : Senior Program Manager
Location : Bogor District – Indonesia
In coordination and collaboration with some key stakeholders, Jhpiego is planning to implement a model for primary health care (PHC) in Bogor District that demonstrates the effectiveness and feasibility of client-centered, continuous and coordinated care, using child health as an entry point. Over the course of three years, Jhpiego will work with stakeholders from the community to national levels and provide technical assistance for the success of this model. By the end of the project, we are aiming to provide a scalable prototype for PHC which could be expanded to additional districts and disease areas. Beyond the project period, Jhpiego expects these efforts to contribute to reduced child morbidity and mortality due to infectious diseases.
Jhpiego seeks a Program Officer who will lead the project implementation on the ground for an Primary Health Care Project in Bogor District (Office in Bogor, Field area: Cibungbulang, Tenjolaya, Leuwisadeng), Indonesia. He or she will work closely with the Senior Program Manager in doing day-to-day project implementation, monitoring and reporting. The position of Program Officer is the critical front liner for the success of the project.
- To assist and build capacity of Community Health Workers and other relevant stakeholders in doing their role and function to build knowledge, awareness, and skill in Maternal and Newborn Health at household level and community for self-care and how to take appropriate action when dealing with MNH issue in family.
- To endorse and market the usage of digital platform.
- To work closely with Puskesmas and Community Volunteer in improving the quality of services in Maternal and Newborn Health by applying any approach or method or tools as resulted through a co-creation process.
- To engage relevant stakeholders to work together in order to optimize the quality of intervention and amplifying the project impact.
- To do project monitoring down to household level to understand the project progress, draw learnings and take immediate action as needed.
- To provide immediate input to supervisor as necessary based on monitoring and or input/feedback from externals for follow up action.
- To support project monitoring and implementation with timely and correct data supply as needed.
- To provide timely report in good quality (accuracy and completeness) for project implementation and knowledge sharing.
- To execute project workplan timely, on budget and on schedule according to project guidance, direction and in alignment with organization policy and procedures.
- Represent the project and Jhpiego/Indonesia in engagement with externals partners especially within the geographical area of intervention (sub district and village level).
- Bachelor degree (public health is preferred)
- Experience working in the area of maternal and newborn health supported by good knowledge in it.
- Experience working with Puskesmas/health facilities.
- Experience working in the area of community engagement/development
- Demonstrated experience in effectively implementing project reporting process
- Good writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to write and speak in English
- Ability to travel in Indonesia
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.