YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
Yayasan Indonesia Business Links (IBL) is a not-for-profit organization, registered as a foundation (yayasan) under the law of Republik of Indonesia, which aims to promote good corporate citizenship and partnership for development in Indonesia. To achieve its mission, IBL conducts several programs under three main themes: Business Ethics, Youth Empowerment and Environmental Stewardship.
Since its beginning, IBL has been implementing several youth empowerment programs; there are two core issues within these programs, entrepreneurship and employability, and covering areas from Aceh to Papua.
In entrepreneurship program, the main mission is to build the capacity of targeted beneficiaries on developing their own business, providing jobs for themselves and others. The program delivers activities such as soft and hard skill trainings, entrepreneurship and simple business management training, business mentoring, and providing access to market and finance.
In employability programs, the main mission is to build the capacity of targeted beneficiaries to be ready for work in formal sector. The program delivers activities such as soft and hard skill training, job counselling, and providing access to internship and job opportunities.
In mid-2018, IBL is continuing its youth empowerment programs in Jakarta, Bekasi, Karawang, Purwakarta, and Bandung; both in employability and entrepreneurship issues. To assist the Program Manager on conducting activities of those programs; IBL would like to open a vacancy for suitable candidate as a Program Officer
DEFINITION OF JOB:
The Program Officer will work to assist Program Manager on managing the Program on daily basis, delivering activities within the Program, and communicating with and reporting to related stakeholders. She/he will directly reporting to Program Manager. The scope of work covers:
Program Administration and Documentation
Program relation, communication, networking and partnering (both inside and outside IBL)
Program Administration and Documentation
1. Record and pool all data and information on program activities (including regular reports, photographs and videos and other documentation).
2. Assist Program Manager on administrating contract and agreement with program’s associates and other third parties.
3. Assist Program Manager on administrating program’s finance.
1. Assist Program Manager on preparing program’s implementation (events and activities), including providing supplies, materials and tools needed to conduct the events and activities.
2. Assist Program Manager on coordinating the deliveries of services of program’s associates and ensuring the associates delivers its assignment according to the contract or agreement.
3. Assist Program Manager on monitoring program’s implementation (events and activities), ensuring the KPIs achievement and providing inputs and feedbacks for improvement.
Program Relations, Communication, Networking and Partnering
1. Representing IBL especially at local level area of program implementation
2. Developing and updating database of program’s stakeholders.
3. Support Program Manager in performing regular communication to program’s stakeholders.
4. Assist Program Manager on developing a network needed for the program and maintain the relationship with all network members (including government, private sectors, community, youth, and other partner).
5. Support Program Manager on writing up program news or articles to be put within IBL newsletter or website.
6. Assist Program Manager on preparing reports to program stakeholders.
ATTITUDE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Sound interest and knowledge of social development program, especially on youth empowerment issue.
2. Have strong commitment in fulfilment and promoting Human Rights including Gender Equality, Child Protection, Diversity and Disability issues.
3. Adequate oral and written presentation skills (both in English and Indonesia), with an ability to use all forms of presentation equipment.
4. Computer literacy to include practical knowledge of MS Office programmes including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Having Integrity, Loyalty, Innovation, Continuous Learning and Assertiveness as main working principles.
6. Have proficiency communication and interpersonal skill and ability to work as a team.
7. Have ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities and adapt to change.
Education: Minimum Bachelor degree in the field relevant to social development program, preferably from a reputable university. Additional qualification will be desirable.
Work Experience: At least 3 year working experience at officer level on social development program..
PERIOD OF SERVICES
This is a contract-based position for the duration of 10 (ten) months.
• Working hours are generally from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, performed in flexible arrangement
• Work outcomes/output are essential, to be delivered under least supervision.
• Work could be performed inside and outside IBL office and mostly in the program’s working area
• Costs of local transportation and mobile communications related to deliverable works can be reimbursed with prior approval.