Program Manager – Sumba
Position Reports to : Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Location : Sumba – NTT
Jhpiego seeks a Program Manager to support the upcoming USAID MOMENTUM project in Sumba Island. The project aims to assist Government of Indonesia to effectively deliver quality essential primary health care services and contribute to reduce rates of maternal and newborn deaths.
- Oversee project implementation on the ground
- Lead and assist the District Coordinators to successfully implement project activities on budget and on schedule
- Ensure project operations within his/her scope are in alignment with USAID and Jhpiego organizational policy and procedures
- Support DCOP to translate the national project workplan down to province and district level activities with clear implementation guidance and monitoring systems; and ensure District Coordinators have a strong understanding of overall project
- Escalate issues to DCOP as appropriate
- Assist District Coordinators and team under his/her supervision to do their job successfully.
- Manage work of consultants in coordination with other staff
- Support DCOP with workplan development and modifications (if needed) and in conducting program reviews
- Support DCOP in engagement with local partners (e.g., government, hospitals, etc.)
- Monitor activity implementation, manage project operations, and track project spending in coordination with other relevant staff.
- Provide timely updates and progress reports (including targets vs achievements) to DCOP
- Monitor program implementation with a well-established monitoring and learning system, including conducting field visits to see progress and carry out due diligence
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outcomes and results
- Build and maintain productive relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Represent the project interests in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Deliver any other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, advance degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years experiences working in similar level and scope of works.
- Experienced working in maternal, newborn, and child health and strong knowledge of the technical area
- Experienced in leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement efficient and effective program management processes and systems
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing project reporting processes
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including report writing and dissemination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Ability to travel within Indonesia and internationally
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable