Vacant Position : Program Manager PT Kenali Arkipelago Nusantara
Employment type : Full-Time
Submission deadline : 3 Desember 2019
Kenali is a social enterprise that is using traveling for social purposes such as improving the leadership skills of young people, promoting and developing sustainable tourism. We aim to build a sustainable tourism community network. In Kenali, we believe that interaction will break prejudices and enhance the capability to relate and work effectively across diverse cultures, which are relevant with 21st century skills needed in the marketplace nowadays. Kenali is established to support SabangMerauke.
Program Manager will lead overall daily management, including but not limited to main accountabilities below. Program Manager will also liaising with Board of Kenali & SabangMerauke and its stakeholders for the longer term development of Kenali.
- Manage the team and supervise the implementation Kenali Nusantara’s projects
- Plan, organize and direct all activities as required for the full implementation of project goals and objectives
- Develop, complete and finalize all project deliverables according to the timeline
- Ensure the project meets targets, budgets and timeline
- Manage, monitor, and review all relevant project expenditures
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Continually monitor and evaluate the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Prepare and deliver the report on a timely manner
Marketing & Communication
- Ensure that the activities are marketed to the highest standards in print (press, publications), digitally (websites, social media, TV, radio) and at events (conferences, workshops, meetings)
- Liaising with Communications & Design team, responsible for the effective communication and dissemination of the activities
Resources & Stakeholder Management
- Ensure that project activities are consistent with the project objectives and that objectives can be met with available resources
- Ensure and maintain effective and on-going communication with individuals and groups involved directly or indirectly in the project, including local communities as local partners
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the Local Authority, social sector organisations and other project stakeholders, at both an operational and strategic level
- Conduct research & follow up for new opportunities for Kenali programs
- Prototyping new business lines and review the evaluation
Important notes: This position will be Jakarta based but might require some traveling, evening work, work during weekend and/or public holiday and some unsocial working hours.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is eligible to apply.
- 5 or more years hands on management experience, either or both private and nonprofit sector
- Excellent written, presentation skills, ability to highlight and explain relevant data
- Excellent and strong project management as well as stakeholders engagement skills
- Work well in a challenging, dynamic environment and under pressure circumstances
- Ability to prioritised and handle multiple tasks, familiar with and able to operate in the fast pace and multicultural environment
- Demonstrate skills in project implementation, including performance monitoring and budget preparation and tracking
- Strong organizational skills: planning, delegating, program development & task facilitation
- Knowledge and experience of working with volunteers or in a voluntary activity with grassroot understanding
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and local partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse ecosystem, people person, not drained meeting & engaging new people
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with team
- Strong interest/experiences in diversity/tolerance issues, sustainable tourism & SDGs
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Kenali’s mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Kenali is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.