CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS Indonesia currently focusing on three main program areas: Humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction / disaster risk management, Refugee Protection and Food Security and Nutrition
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor / Masters Degree in social science, development studies, management, or related field.
- A minimum of five years management experience in relief, development or refugee assistance.
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from institutional donors.
- Solid project management skills with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Experience of international level representation with key stakeholders, and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A high level of written and spoken English
The Program Manager manages the projects and provides strategic direction to the country program in collaboration with the Country Representative. The post-holder will effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities so that all projects are delivered on a timely basis and according to organizational strategy, donor requirements and within the allocated budget. The Program Manager provides leadership in all aspects of staffing, project implementation, monitoring and reporting, and financial accountability.
RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
Implementation of Church World Service Projects in Jakarta
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall supervision and implementation of the Projects implemented in Jakarta, including but not limited to:
- Producing Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and developing MEAL strategy together with the program staff and country team staff
- Overseeing the implementation progress of projects in Jakarta areas, in close coordination with Senior Officers and Officers of the Projects
- Providing services/consultation for projects staff in all aspects
- Develop strategic planning, action plan, activities plan for the projects
- Represent CWS/Indonesia in relevant meetings/forums with Government Official, Donor and other Stakeholders.
- Represent as liaison of the projects in coordination with Program Director
- Identifying and mitigating risks to the projects, including finding solutions in any arisen problems encountered in the projects period
- Being accustomed with the latest development of refugee issues and trends in the country, regional, and global
Identification needs of beneficiaries and staff
- Discuss with Program Director, Senior Officers, & Officers about the identification needs of beneficiaries.
- Discuss with Country Representative, Human Resource Director, and Program Director about the identification of staff needs
- Held the formal and informal discussion with beneficiaries and staff in all levels.
- Identify and observe the needs for capacity building among staffs and provide coaching and counseling for staff
Staff Management and Development
- Overseeing and evaluate staff performance/development in all levels i.e. Senior Officers, Officers, and other staff are effectively perform, and converse with Program Director and Human Resource Director.
- Ensure the communication and exchange information between all staff/unit are properly
- Ensure the orientation needs of project staff on how to provide onsite to the beneficiaries
Documentation and Report Writing
- Responsible to prepare, editing, and analyzes reports, proposals and budget in line with donors requirements and timeline, and in coordination with Country Representative, Directors, and Program Development Manager
- Collaborate with Senior Officers and Country Representative in preparing different papers and presentation materials of the program.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of program according to the plans and activities in collaboration with the Senior Officers and Officers.
- Preparing the monitoring and evaluation tools and finalization of CWS projects.
Communication and Coordination
- Communicate and coordinate with Country Representative, Finance Director, Operations Director, Human Resource Director, and Program Director.
- Communicate and coordinate with finance’s staff on financial issues of the projects
- Communicate and coordinate with other Program Officers on programmatic issues
- Communicate and coordinate with Administration staff on administration issues, such us coordination on vehicles requirement when traveling to project sites
- Communicate and coordinate with external partners and other stakeholders
- Do other tasks related to the specific project implementation as requested by the Program Director
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 23 April 2021. Please send applications in MS Word format to email@example.com