The Program Manager will coordinate and support the implementation of Investing in Women (IW) program in Indonesia by providing responsive, on-the-ground service to internal and external stakeholders.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Support the CEO and Manila-based staff in liaising with the Australian Embassy in Jakarta;
- Maintain strong relationships with the personnel at Australian Embassy in Jakarta and provide them with effective, efficient, and responsive program support;
- Coordinate all IW activities in Indonesia, including the provision of logistical coordination and support and implementation of monitoring data collection and learning activities;
- Working with DFAT Post in Indonesia, support the IW Gender Equality Director to disseminate research and coordinate program delivery;
- Support the IW Advocacy and Communications Director in the establishment of the IW advocacy and communications strategy;
- Work closely with the IW Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit to generate, learn from, and use credible data to drive gender equality and women’s economic empowerment in Indonesia.
- Build and maintain contacts with Indonesian research and policy institutes to build the program’s gender expertise and knowledge;
- Maintain and expand networks with key stakeholders and be kept informed of issues, research and developments in Indonesia related to women’s economic empowerment;
- Prepare country level activity planning and reporting for IW clients and stakeholders;
- Act as the program’s English / Bahasa Indonesia translator as required during meetings with stakeholders;
- Support Knowledge Management requirements of the program;
- Other duties as directed consistent with the objectives of the position.
The preferred applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, for example in Gender, Development, Governance, Social Equality, Business, Communications, Human Resources, Economics or other relevant field;
- Demonstrated senior-level experience (at least 7 years) working on large and complex programs in an international development context;
- A good understanding of Indonesia’s political and economic context;
- High level of familiarity with the project management framework including on monitoring and evaluation and program delivery mechanisms;
- Strong relationship-building, networking, and representational experience, preferably in the aid and development and / or private sectors in Indonesia;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to write briefings, technical papers, and plans. Proficiency in English language
- High calibre organisational skills to deliver results independently;
- Has pre-existing residency and work permit for Indonesia;
- Developing and implementing data systems, preferably within the private sector, or within development programs;
- Demonstrated experience working and managing effectively across cultures both as a leader and as a team member;
- Experience working in both private sector and with relevant Government of Indonesia ministries;
- Computer literate;
- Understanding of Australian Government aid policy and objectives;
- Broad understanding of women’s economic empowerment issues.
Further Information & ApplicationREGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE