Program Manager – Emergency Response
Under the overall leadership of the Executive Director, and directly reporting to the Director of Programmes, the Emergency Response Program Manager will provide management oversight for Mercy Corps’ Lombok and Central Sulawesi response programs, The PM will be responsible for providing support to the program team, coordinating support and engagement of MCI’s Indonesia Response Team and ensuring effective engagement with partners as well as stakeholders. While he/she will lead the implementation of the response strategy and work plan, ensure quality implementation of the recovery program in Lombok and Central Sulawesi with a view to manage communications with internal and external stakeholders, the successful candidate will also lead our efforts to put in place a recovery strategy as Mercy Corps Indonesia is positioning itself to help the affected population transition from the emergency stage to a recovery stage .
The Program Manager will supervise, the field based Lombok and Central Sulawesi response Team Leaders and key team members during response implementation, and provide regular updates and inputs for donor reports and communication products. He/She will attend regular coordination meetings and events with stakeholders, contribute to international fundraising efforts and lead local fundraising support in Indonesia. He/She will provide advice on team structure and response management and provide support on completion of required reports and documentation to fulfill internal MC requirements.
- BA/BS or equivalent in international studies, economics or other relevant field; MA/S preferred.
- 5 years experiences in emergency program management in Indonesia.
- Previous experience in operating and managing teams in conflict and insecure environments, required
- Combination of direct and remote management experience preferred.
- Previous demonstrated experience in emergency programming, distribution of NFI, food items, WASH, cash or voucher programming, preferably in insecure settings and under MC policy and guidelines, highly desirable
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Experience with the design, implementation & compliance of USAID/DFID, UN and ECHO funded programs;
- Experience working with local authorities, national and international NGOs and UN cluster system.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills;
- Excellent oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia skills required.
- Knowledge of SPHERE and other humanitarian programming standards;
- Internationally recognized qualification in project or program management or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work.
This position will be hired as temporary staff for 6 months.
Vacancy will be closed 22 March 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department