Yayasan Literasi Anak Indonesia (YLAI) is currently seeking an experienced Program Director to lead our team of highly motivated staff who share a common vision for children’s literacy in Indonesia.
YLAI is a non-profit foundation developing a reading culture in primary schools, and a love of reading for young children in Indonesia. YLAI provides training for teachers, as well as implementing classroom-based literacy programs, and school libraries in primary schools across districts of Indonesia in partnership with Ministry of Education, local education districts, and NGOS in the education field.
YLAI is actively seeking a highly motivated and experienced national Program Director, who will oversee and participate in all programs undertaken by YLAI in the areas of early grade literacy teacher training, and monitoring of programs. S/he is responsible for working closely with different partners to develop proposals and MOUs for partnerships, as well as provide a strong reporting system about YLAI’s progress with MoE, NGOs and appropriate educational bodies as related to programs within Indonesia. S/he will supervise the lines of communication with staff, local education departments, supervisors, principals, teachers and field coaches, to ensure the quality of implementation of programs in the field, as well as their ongoing sustainability. The location of this position is Bali, and requires travel within Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee development and implementation of YLAI’s strategic plan in consultation with the YLAI’s Advisor and Finance Manager
- Supervise and coordinate all project activities related to planning, budgeting, scheduling, implementing , reporting and other project implementation related tasks.
- Supervise and monitor training plans, training content, trainer manuals and participant handbooks for both online and offline trainings planned for facilitators, teachers, and principals
- Supervise the long-term planning, including monthly and weekly planning by the YLAI staff, including teacher training team, library team, book/resource development team/ multimedia team/and YLAI short term project managers/staff in the field
- Conduct appraisal of teacher training team, library team, book/resource development team /multimedia team/ and YLAI short term project managers/staff in the field
- Supervise employment postings, application process and conduct interviews for new staffing positions within the organization
- Participate in any other activities as required to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Develop and manage relationships with government, NGOs and appropriate educational bodies as related to program implementation within Indonesia.
- Ensure government approval and legal compliance of the programs implemented directly or through YLAI partners at the national and district level.
- Provide regular reporting to local and international partners and donors regarding YLAI’s programs in the field
- Update oneself on the early grade literacy approach of Kurikulum Merdeka, and any new national policies and initiatives related to literacy development as announced by MoE
- Provide regular reporting on program plans and implementation to the YLAI’s Advisor and Board of Yayasan.
- Monitor publicity and database resources (IT, communications, website, publication) for the effective and efficient communication of the foundation’s activities
- Bachelor’s degree(S1) in a related field of study, e.g., education or related development sector; Master’s(S2) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in program design, management, and/or implementation within an organization or relevant field
- Experience working in collaboration with large international development organizations in Indonesia on social impact work
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of technical work in reading/literacy, at the primary stage preferred
- Ability to manage projects with strong critical thinking, creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Possess strong oral and interpersonal skills in both Indonesian and English to communicate with potential NGOs and /or government contacts on desired partnerships.
- Possess strong organisational skills to lead and work in a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Indonesian and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Willingness to be based in Bali and travel periodically within Indonesia
Please submit your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please fill the subject of email with Program Director