For more than 20 years, Tifa Foundation has strived to safeguard democracy in Indonesia, uphold human rights, and promote diversity, equality, and justice. We retain our impartiality while working through constructive engagement and strategic partnerships with various actors, including civil society, government, and ad-hoc bodies across grassroots, national, and international levels.
2021 marks Tifa Foundation’s transformation and commitment to strengthening civil society in Indonesia as an independent organization. While we continue grant-making, Tifa Foundation now undertakes direct program delivery, which requires additional capacity to mobilize programmatic resources.
To expand our work, we are currently seeking:
Program Development Manager
Human Rights and Natural Resources
Position Code: PDM
The Program Development Manager will primarily lead the program development processes for Tifa’s overall portfolio focusing on human rights and natural resources.
The Program Development Manager will draw from Tifa’s experiences and align with the strategic directions of Tifa’s Board to create and manage projects and programs, identify and build a network of key stakeholders from civil society, government, private sector, international organizations or other relevant entities to achieve Tifa’s goals. S/he will identify potential funding for Tifa and build relationships with funding partners. Overall, the work and output of the Program Development Manager will significantly contribute to the development of the strategic direction and financial resilience of Tifa’s work on issues in human rights and natural resources.
The position requires significant management and coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in human rights and natural resources, and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in managing a broad project portfolio with strong time management skills.
- A Master’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 7 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing programs, preferable on human rights and natural resource issues.
- A strong affinity for Tifa’s core vision and mission and driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Broad understanding of development principles, such as strengthening the rights of civil society and local governance development, management of natural resources, human rights and/or others.
- Have a convincing track record in managing a portfolio of projects, people management, program development, applying monitoring and evaluation, resource mobilization and facilitating multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, also interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage deadlines, to manage others and to work independently.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing human rights and natural resources portfolio, including:
- Drafting of strategies for Tifa in coordination with the Executive Director, to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and coordinate assigned program development efforts.
- Processing incoming proposals in coordination with the Program Officers/ Project Officers.
- Managing reporting, relations with donors and partners and gap filling where necessary in program implementation.
- Ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of Tifa’s programs in human rights and natural resources.
- Regular coordination with program staff and other departments engaged.
- Resource mobilization
- Identify and access funding resources for the portfolio and, together with the program staff, develop and implement funding strategies.
- Build strong relationships with representatives of potential and existing donors (traditional and non-traditional) and strategic partners.
- Identify new partners and/or donors to enhance Tifa Foundation capabilities and expand programming.
- Lead proposal development for new and relevant opportunities.
- Representing the organization
- Present Tifa’s vision and programmes in front of relevant stakeholders.
- Represent Tifa Foundation at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Create multi-stakeholder initiatives in line with Tifa’s vision and mission.
This position is a full-time position, with 1 (one) year fixed term initial contract. Extensions are subject to performance evaluation and availability of the funding.