Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps Indonesia will reach ~40,000 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) in Greater Malang, East Java Province to share Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign materials and ideas/designs of facilities needed through an ICT platform and provide WASH support. The program will also facilitate access to up to 4,000 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) to the working capital through the cash transfer model and access to digital tools and business mentorships, digital literacy, and virtual mentorship.
- Prevent transmission and keep 40,000 Micro and small entrepreneurs who are vulnerable to Covid-19 impacts as safe as possible through access to accurate and timely contextualized COVID-19 health messaging deliver through an ICT platform;
- 9,000 micro and small entrepreneurs households have access to the mini handwashing stations and distribute 2,000 hygiene supplies (mask, sanitizer, disinfectant, handsoap, etc) for 2,000 vulnerable micro and small entrepreneurs households;
- 525 micro and small entrepreneurs have access to the working capital through cash transfer model and/or loans;
- 3,000 micro and small entrepreneurs and 1,000 mentors registered on the MicroMentor Indonesia (MMI) platform and have access to digital tools and business mentorships, digital literacy, and virtual mentorship.
General Position Summary
Program Coordinator will ensure that at least 40,000 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) receive accurate and timely contextualized COVID-19 health messaging through an ICT platform. In addition, 9,000 micro and small entrepreneurs’ households have access to the mini hand washing stations, while 2,000 vulnerable HHs will receive the hygiene supplies through Conditional Cash Transfer Model, 525 micro and small entrepreneurs will access working capital and up to 3,000 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) receive business mentoring. S/he will lead the program plan, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and collaborate with the district/city government agencies in Greater Malang, Mercy Corps Indonesia AEFI Programs’ Partners, Community Business Organizations (CBOs), and other local stakeholders in Greater Malang.
*This position temporary for 6 months contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve under the direction of Director of Programs – Agriculture, Entrepreneurship and Financial Inclusion to implement program activities in the field, management of the grant and direct supervision of project activities to achieve the program objectives as planned;
- Develop monthly work plan and target and provide monthly progress against the target and work plan;
- Ensure the program will reach 30% of program participants are women;
- Develop criteria to identify the program participants;
- Develop partnership agreements with government agencies, private sectors, micro, and small entrepreneurs communities/associations, community business organizations (CBOs) to identify the right target of program participants and supports the program implementation;
- Ensure the data needed for program monitoring, evaluation, learning, and report are available
- Ensure all MCI’s administration, logistical, human resources and financial procedures followed in relation to the implementation of this grant;
- Conduct regular site visits to MCI program sites to ensure the proper delivery of services;
- Provide collaboration supervision of local partners’ activities implementation as per the agreement;
- Maintain close regular contact with the local government agencies and local partners to ensure quality outputs/services and troubleshoot any administrative problems;
- Attend coordination meetings and maintain regular contact with relevant local actors;
- Ensure program team members have an understanding of program goal, outcome, outputs as well as their scope of work;
- Ensure program team members have the capacity and ability to implement program activities;
- Assist in monthly report writing on program progress, obstacles, and recommendations;
- Assist in donor report writing as requested; including the gathering of information;
- Assist supervisor and program management in filing and record keeping of project activities and data entry of program statistics as requested;
- Assist with security monitoring to ensure MCI staff, assets and partners are able to work securely.
- University degree in Economics, Business, Social Studies, or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with NGOs in Emergency, Recovery, and Livelihood Programs;
- Experience work with the local government agencies in Emergency, Recovery, and Livelihood Programs;
- Experience work with District/City Cooperative and MSME Agencies would be an advantage;
- Have knowledge of micro and small entrepreneurs, community business organizations, formal financial institutions who are leveraging financial services to micro and small entrepreneurs;
- Experience in delivers capacity building for micro and small entrepreneurs;
- Experience using digital data tools;
- Understanding of working together with local partners;
- Experiences working with a private company or private foundation donors would be an advantage;
- Proven experience managing diverse and disparate projects;
- Experience in managing staff and understanding the need for regular support and follow-up to ensure that project objectives are being met;
- Commitment to working with vulnerable groups in need regardless of race, religion, or gender;
- Good problem solving, and written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access;
- Able to write and understand spoken English are preferred;
- The driver’s license preferred.
The vacancy will be closed on 02 August 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Please visit our official website for more complete information about this vacancy and other open recruitment in the following link: