Two positions have become available within the Jakarta office of The Australian Consortium for ‘In-Country’ Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) for Law Professional Practicum Program Assistants (LPP PAs). Each position is an entry-level position and would suit a recent graduate of a local university or a student in their last year of university, with an interest in Law and other related disciplines. Interested applicants should submit a current CV and one-page statement (in English) addressing the selection criteria below at the latest by Friday, 22 September, 2017.
Please note this position is open to Indonesian nationals (WNI) only.
This is an entry-level position and would suit a recent graduate of an Indonesian university. The PA reports directly to the Jakarta Program Coordinator (JPC) and Law Professional Practicum Program Officer (LPP PO). Duties to be performed by the LPP PA include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in establishing new Host Organisation (HO) placements for the 2018 LPP program;
- Assisting the Law Professional Practicum Development Officer (LPP DO) in developing and maintaining relationships with previous Host Organisations;
- Carrying out a series of monitoring visits to Host Organisations throughout the entire LPP program;
- Actively mentoring all students on matters pertaining to their work and study and their general understanding of Indonesia and the law sector, and advising on appropriate workplace conduct in Indonesia;
- Assisting the LPP PO in managing the LPP;
- Serving as a liaison with Atma Jaya University, Host Organisations and maintaining sound relationships with key partners at these institutions;
- Counselling students on matters of adjustment to Indonesian life, including attention to physical adjustment, Indonesian norms of behaviour and expectations regarding dress and workplace behaviour during their programs;
- Assisting the LPP PO to develop program-specific Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) processes for ACICIS’ Indonesian Law programs;
- Conducting end of program evaluation sessions with participants and offering this information as feedback into the ongoing development and improvement of ACICIS’ LPP programs;
- Assisting students in routine and/or emergency medical or security procedures, and updating ACICIS’ Risk Management Guidelines as required;
- Assisting the LPP PO, JPC, and/ or Resident Director/ Deputy Resident Director with other tasks as required.
Working Hours and Remuneration
- The Law Professional Practicum Program Assistant will work between 2 October – 31 December, 2017 on a part-time basis (20 hours/ 3 days per week) and then between 1 January – 1 March, 2018 on a full-time basis (40 hours/ 5 days per week), with the understanding that the scheduling of program events means that the distribution of hours over the period of a week may be flexible. Standard work hours are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break. Occasional out-of-hours’ work will be required during Orientation sessions and extra-curricular activities, and will be compensated through leave in lieu.
- The role will be remunerated at a competitive rate, commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (enrolled or completed) from an Indonesian university with a sound academic record in a related discipline (eg. International Law, Criminal Law, Human Rights, etc);
- At least one year of professional experience in a relevant position (administration, communication, public relations, international organisation);
- Professional level of English proficiency, and a willingness to develop this further as a part of the role;
- Computer literacy in using the Microsoft Office suite, social media applications; and Photoshop/ InDesign (desirable);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise a range of competing tasks;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and a willingness to learn about new cultures;
- A team-player with a pleasant personality who can work well in flexible working environments.
Applying for this role
To apply for this role, please send through a copy of your latest CV (max 2 pages) and a statement addressing the selection criteria above. In preparing your statement addressing the selection criteria, please provide examples of your skills and experience where possible against each selection criterion (no more than 250 words per criterion). Applications without a statement addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please visit our website to learn more about our programs and the work we do before preparing your application.
Completed applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Ms Wilia Paramitasari, ACICIS Jakarta Program Coordinator
Subject Heading: ACICIS LPP PA Job Vacancy
By latest deadline: Friday, 22 September, 2017.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled for this position between Tuesday 26 September – Wednesday 27 September, 2017. If shortlisted, please ensure you are available during this period.