The program assistant will be based in Lombok work with the Ddisaster Response Lombok team. S/he will assist to ensure quality construction for WASH structure to build by communities affected by earhtquake. Under supervision of WASH Engineer the program assistant will work closely with Community Empowermnet and Assistants to oversee the temporary latrines as well as water points construction process by the communities, to conduct quality control and advice on the proper maintenance of the WASH structure (including its treatment once the structure is no longer needed) and to advice on the appropriate design that meets healts standars while still culturally acceptable and apropriate following the WASH stucture end lifecycle.
- Experience working in WASH program and overseeing WASH construction (include temporary latrine and water point);
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Wiilingness to work in remote rural settings in Lombok Island;
- Cultural sensitive and able to work effectively with a wide range of people in community level;
- Independent and have strong organizational skills; demonstrated experience working with multi disciplinary team and able to follw procedures and meet deadlines;
- Two years experience working in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCad is adventage
- Candidate must be willing to travel regularly and works on weekends or evening as necessary ( considering the urgency and the nature of working with communities);
- Good writen and spoken in english is a plus.
This position will be hired as temporary staff for 2 months.
Vacancy will be closed 19 May 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia