In February 2019 Mercy Corps and John Deere launched the next phase of POWER. POWER 2 aims to reach more smallholder farmers and increase yields and income by strengthening farmer organizations, improving agricultural practices and increasing access and adoption of technology to make farming more productive and attractive to younger generations of farmers. POWER 2 will focus on rice, corn, and horticulture crops as a mixed farming strategy that is relevant across the proposed target areas. Mercy Corps Indonesia will continue working in the three POWER 1 locations of Subang, Banyuwangi, and Lombok, where the program will provide continued support to 48 Farmer Groups and their farmer members. POWER 2 will expand the program geography to selected districts in South Sulawesi, Lampung, and North Sumatera Provinces, POWER 2 focuses on reaching smallholder rice farmers who own up to two hectares of land.
Program Administrative Assistant – POWER 2
Administrative assistant will be responsible directly to Program Manager, he/she will need to be able to work to support the implementation of the programs in an effective and prompt manner, including but not limited to make an arrangement for workshop/meetings/conference, creating contracts, and any other related administrative tasks based on Mercy Corps standard of operation
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support Program in managing all logistics for program-related meetings, and workshops in POWER districts, including identifying venues for training and accommodation, completing all bidding requirements, arranging necessary transportation, preparing training materials, arranging snacks and meals and communicating with participants;
- Maintain the program filing system, in coordination with the Program Manager;
- Handle all procurement needs, according to procurement guidelines;
- Assist in travel arrangements for program staff as needed for out-of-town training and technical assistance field visits;
- Assist in data collection and archive from government institutions and other resources;
- Prepare formal and informal letters to the government, NGO and other partners;
- Receive all incoming mail for the program and distribute it to the relevant staff;
- Manage administrative matters, including use of vehicles, timesheets and leave requests, travel advances, etc.;
- Prepare public relations documents as needed;
- Establish a cooperative working relationship with all Administrative staff so that positions complement each other and lead to greater office efficiency;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardize Mercy Corps humanitarian efforts.
Report Directly: Program Manager- POWER 2
Work Directly: Program officers and Administrative staff for other departments, an operation unit, and finance team.
- At least 1 years of administrative/secretarial experience is required, fresh graduate is welcome to apply;
- Good English (speaking and writing skills);
- He/she should have a pleasant personality, good communication skill, be organized, efficient, proactive, flexible and able to work under pressure and with short deadlines when required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer program are required.
The vacancy will be closed on 18 January 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia