Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. In Indonesia, Plan International operates since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) was established as national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. Plan Indonesia is currently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2018 to 2022, where the country purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 1 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies) and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take actions to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent Position Procurement Officer Qty 2 Person Location Jakarta Contract Duration 12 Bulan Type Contract Professional Service Agreement (Consultant) Starting Date 1 June 2023 s/d 31 May 2024 children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes. From July 2022, Plan Indonesia will implement its country strategy 5 (CS5) that covers the fiscal year 2023-2027.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting Procurement functions in developing and implementing coherent, integrated, and quality procurement activities, including managing pre-qualified suppliers, requesting quotations, drafting competitive analysis, preparing procurement tracker, and filling especially for non-programs units.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Procurement Officers will assist Procurement Coordinator in Procurement day-to-day basis.
- Support Procurement Coordinator carry out purchasing activities of all sponsorship and cost centre budget.
- In liaison with Procurement Officer/Coordinator oversees open and closed procurement procedures and performs draft bid analysis and minutes well filed.
- Support Procurement Coordinator in executing of procurement process; Completeness of procurement documents and evaluation of selection process.
- Preparation of PO (Purchase Order), preparation of recurring PO, and vendor’s creation in SAP including screening terrorist and ensure all approvals are obtained, purchase orders delivered to the relevant suppliers and acknowledgement received. Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that POs are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Assist Procurement Coordinator maintain and update the supplier database which is able to adequately serve the needs of the country program at all levels.
- Prepare draft Request for Quotation/Proposal/Document Package Tender/Invitation to Tender.
Reporting & Data Management
- Support Procurement Coordinator to update the procurement tracker.
- Support Procurement Coordinator to update the Agreement Tracker.
- Support Procurement Coordinator to update Pre-Qualified Supplier List.
- Support Procurement Coordinator to update Procurement Bank Data.
- Support Procurement Coordinator carry out pre-qualified suppliers.
- Support Procurement Coordinator to prepares Request for Information (RfI)
- Carry out pre-qualified supplier panel selection under supervision by the Procurement Coordinator
- Record all the results of the pre-qualified meeting including the meeting’s explanation of the RFI, the Panel Selection Meeting and the final selection decision
- Provide Information for audit needs.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the Procurement Officer/Coordinator and other working relation on Country Office performs other tasks as required by the supervisor.’
- Carrying out YPII Safeguarding principles and standards can be applied in every scope of work, providing goods and services for all program and operational needs of the organization (for example: screening prospective vendors/consultants before signing contracts ensuring all vendors/consultants managed by the Procurement team have received safeguarding session, Review and ensure all documents include risk analysis and mitigation documents, evidence of having received a brief/induction session on each submission for the payment process in the procurement list, there are safeguarding documents signed by the consultant/vendor, conduct a regular assessment to response vendors/consultants regarding their commitment to safeguarding, etc.)
- Committed to building professionalism, a culture of protection, prevention of violence, and the attitude to have the courage to report any form of violence against children and program participants and participate in regular evaluations through the Annual Appraisal related to safeguarding with supervisors
- Participate in face-to-face induction and/or Safeguarding training and refresher training through the Plan Academy platform and promptly recertify.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The duration of the assignment as below:
A. 1 Procurement Officer for twelve (12) months starting from 1 June 2023 – 31 May 2024
B. 1 Procurement Officer for six (6) months starting from 1 June 2023 – 31 December 2023
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in Management, Economics, Administration, Industrial Engineering, or any related field.
- At least 2 year of experience in the related field (Procurement & Logistics) is required for this position (B)
- At least 5 year of experience in the related field (Procurement & Logistics) is required for this position (A)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- English fluency
- Good in operating Microsoft Office, especially excel sheets.
- Experience with SAP Procurement will be preferable
Plan Indonesia’s Values in Practice: LET’S ACT
We strive to achieve a significant and sustainable impact on the lives of children and young people, especially children and young women from marginalized groups.
Equal, inclusive, empowering
We respect all people, value differences, and promote equality across our programs and workplaces.
Transparent & accountable
We create a working climate and partnership that is trusting, honest, transparent, and accountable for the decisions we make and the impact our work has on our stakeholders
Smart & lifelong learning
Every time, there are new things that we can learn, so we are eager to seek knowledge that is beneficial for ourselves and the organization.
Adaptive & innovative
We are aware that existing problems and future challenges cannot always be solved with a conventional mindset, so we are constantly innovating in search of breakthroughs.
We collaborate with various parties, both internally and externally, based on good faith and the principles of partnership that apply in the organization to achieve common goals.
We realize that risk is part of decision-making, so being brave to take measured risks is the key for us to keep moving forward to be superior and at the forefront.
Level of contact with children
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://tinyurl.com/TempProcurementOffcr not later than June 5th 2023.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.