TITLE: Private Sector Advisor (Health Systems)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Private Sector Advisor (Health Systems) for a USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Private Sector Advisor will serve as the senior technical expert for the USAID TB Private Sector Activity. The Advisor will lead the activity’s engagement and partnerships with the private sector to contribute to quality TB detection and treatment outcomes. S/he will lead the review of existing private sector strategies and work closely with national stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities. S/he will advise the National TB Program and other relevant government departments to develop new programs based on international best practices and experience. S/he will also provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions.
The Private Sector Advisor must possess a strong background in private sector engagement, with preferred experience working on health systems (pharmaceutical, medical, laboratory), engaging with private health providers such as doctors and hospitals. The Advisor should have experience in policy- level engagement and negotiation skills and demonstrated success in developing public-private partnerships. The position shall be based out of Jakarta Indonesia for a period of 5 years. The recruitment is contingent upon final USAID approval of the candidate.
Candidates with experience in regional pharmaceutical sales or management of private sector medical practices (e.g. group practices, specialist clinics) or other ongoing business relationships with the health private sector are encouraged to apply.
Advise the government and private sector on policy recommendations based on project results to increase quality of TB care in the private sector
- Develop relationships with and provide technical guidance to the Coalition of Health Professions Associations for TB (KOPI-TB) at national, provincial, and district levels to enhance the District Public-Private Mix network
- Work with the private sector health sector to support and develop activities testing incentives and enablers for increasing private sector diagnosis, successful treatment, and notification of TB
- Lead the adaptation of existing NTP national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program
- Lead the implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the private sector as necessary
- Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the private sector, especially from the project and with the NTP, provincial and district health offices
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data
- Participate in technical working groups on infectious diseases
- Supervise and mentor technical staff on the project
- Collaborate with the NTP, other partners and liaise with the key stakeholders to share information and learnings
- Monitor implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field visits
- Advanced degree in business, pharmaceuticals, medicine, public health, international affairs, economics, business, or social sciences
- At least five (5) years of experience in developing and/or managing public-private partnerships in a health-related field
- Experience working with government health programs
- Knowledge of and experience working in the field of health financing
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluent in Bahasa
- At least 10 years of experience in developing and/or managing public-private partnerships in health
- Experience in designing and managing programs with a primary focus on sustainability and scalability
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career website at https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Jakarta-Indonesia/Private- Sector-TB-Advisor_Requisition-2018202530