Pugajinou International Consulting is seeking Indonesian Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Specialists, to be based in East Java or North Sumatra, for technical and vocational education and training (TVET) programming for an anticipated opportunity with the USAID-funded Partnerships for Productivity (USAID PADU) Activity. USAID PADU is a five-year activity that started in 2022 and aims to enhance private sector investment in TVET institutions through partnerships with private sector firms and government-owned vocational training centers called Balai Latihan Kerja (BLKs). USAID PADU is working to facilitate and catalyze the establishment of partnerships to improve the capacity of BLKs to address skills gaps in the labor market and promote the implementation and utilization of tax deductions/incentives for the private sector. USAID PADU focuses on a systems level approach to increase the capacity of vocational training programs to produce graduates with market-driven skills, which will enhance their employability and productivity.
The PPP TVET Specialist will be embedded with PADU’s institutional partner in the assigned province to provide technical expertise and implementation support for institutional strengthening for public-private partnership efforts. The PPP TVET Specialist will support and coordinate all aspects of the private sector engagement and institutional strengthening efforts as designed with institutional partner. The PPP TVET Specialist will play a key role in developing and implementing partnership strategies alongside the institutional partner as well as directly facilitate engagements between the public and private sectors.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Provide inputs into and implement PADU strategy for enhancing private sector investment and partnership with government-run vocational training programs.
- Identify, develop, and strengthen partnerships between the public and private sectors aligned with USAID PADU strategy and with shared-value proposition in TVET sector resulting in increased partnerships, private-sector investments, and utilization of tax incentives for TVET programming.
- Provide guidance/technical support on TVET policies, curriculum development, TVET coordination and quality programming during consultations and engagements with national government ministries and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical and implementation support in stakeholder mapping for partnership, public-private partnership analysis (potential/gap) of current arrangements in the TVET sector and identifying areas for improvement and developing action plans alongside the institutional partner.
- Advise on key policy and regulatory issues that will impact the success of public-private partnerships in the vocational training sector.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, such as TVET centers, private companies, NGOs, youth groups and potential employers in the public and private sectors or NGOs to identify and implement opportunities for collaboration.
- Provide technical support, mentoring and capacity building on project implementation.
- Develop training programs and materials that are relevant to the needs of the private sector and that align with the government-run vocational training programs.
- Conduct regular reporting on the progress of the public-private partnership program to all stakeholders.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation for project monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Provide support to USAID PADU learning agenda, best practices, and success stories of the project.
The Specialist will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field such as Public Policy, Business Administration, Economics, Human Resource Development, or relevant field, preferably a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in private sector engagement for development, technical and vocational education, working development, employment and/or entrepreneurship programs that incorporate women, youth, or marginalized populations effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID projects and its relevant policies and strategies such as private sector engagement, workforce development, positive youth development, among others.
- Demonstrated understanding of opportunities and challenges in successfully developing and implementing public-private partnerships in the TVET sector, and its respective public policy, regulatory framework, and tax incentives.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; experience using and applying methods, tools (platforms, applications) and techniques for managing tasks and action plans preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of simultaneous activities with orientation to results, and deliver high quality results/products in timely manner; and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel, Word, or other customized project management software in a Windows PC environment.
- Willingness to travel within and outside province site.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of commitment, responsibility, organization, and punctuality.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia required; working knowledge of oral and written English is highly preferred.
Competitive with other international development organizations and dependent on experience and qualifications. The position is eligible for renewal on a yearly basis.
Please send application letter and latest CV in English to email@example.com.
Pugajinou International Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender expression. We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.