The Center for Public Policy Transformation (www.transformasi.org) is a non-profit think tank organization aiming at promoting evidence-based policy in Indonesia. Transformasi has been collaborating with policymakers, domestic and international scholars to analyse pressing policy issue in Indonesia. Currently, Transformasi is hiring a Policy Analyst.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Policy Analyst will lead policy research initiatives on a variety of public policy issues including economic policy, labor policy, climate change policy and other identified policies. The research activities include determining policy issues together with Executive Director, coordinating data collection, synthesizing the data and knowledge into policy briefs, policy report, case studies, and commentaries for the website of the Center. Job holder will be based in Jakarta with possible travel to other cities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support Executive Director in monitoring, analyzing, and determining the most pressing policy issues based on the existing program, assessment and consultation with donors, partners, and other relevant stakeholders
- Collect data and information from government documents, international organization reports, FGD, surveys and interviews with relevant respondents
- Support executive director to conduct policy dialogue involving policymakers, representatives of non-profit and international organization, donor agencies, practitioners and experts
- Synthesize the information collected into a well-written policy paper, policy brief, case study, and commentaries for website and external media
- Make short report regularly on policy issues and progress from internet and media news
We are offering competitive remuneration and benefit.
- Master degree preferably in economics. Other subjects are also welcome such as public policy, development studies, international development
- Three years of experience in organizing research on economic development
- Sound knowledge on Indonesian economy and trending issues on economic, social and environmental policy
- High analytical and writing skill both in Indonesian and English languages (proven by good result of writing test)
- Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible, innovative, a self-starter and also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Center’s mission of promoting evidence-based policy