MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Policy Analysis and Stakeholder Engagement Officer will analyse the national policy of environment, land based, and forest governance issued by policy maker and various actors feed into identification of leverage factor and the development of green scenario. Engagement in the policy process to support national and subnational development planning and M&E (monitoring and evaluation).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Examine and map the nested-governance system (land based development, environment, and forest governance) and their practices at the landscape, and use this for policy awareness and capacity building to strengthen development planning system. The work includes the analysis of:
o Government regulation and national strategies as well as sub-national (Peraturan Daerah)
o Background, concepts and policy documents
o Institutional capacity development in regard to better planning an M&E process
o Strategic environmental assessment: facilitating in development of SEA documents, including establishment of working groups and capacity building.
o Forest management (KPH), including its effectiveness and legal and regulatory procedures, in relation with low-carbon development pathways, political economy and ecology
o Mainstream principle of green economic in development process at national and subnational
o Community participation in the development planning process
o Capacity Development Need Assessment (CDNA)
• Publish written documents related to policy and stakeholder engagement in the development planning process and other issues.
• Involved in project related other researches as supporting as requested by Country Theme 1-Sustainable Landscape.
Administration and Management:
• Asist the mainstreaming process of green economic masterplan and roadmap into formal development plan
• Asist preparation of the activity in engaging the stakeholders in many process of development planning session
• Assist supervision and guidance to partner colleagues in project planning and site monitoring
• Assist in managing daily multiple project activities
• Assist in preparing multiple project annual reports (technical and financial), annual work-plan and budget
• Assist in developing proposals
• Assist in monitor funding level and be responsible to manage multiple project expenses
• Arranging, managing and monitor collaboration with partners to carry out capacity building trainings, workshops, and researches
• Involve in project planning and evaluation at project end
Partnership and networking:
• Attend meeting, visit to the partner institutions to discuss the project activities with the leaders and to explore new activities
• Collaborate with local government and other institutions to assist promotion the project activities, e.g. forest management unit (KPH), community based forest management (HKm, hutan desa, HTR) and social forestry
• Partner with local government and local organization in assisting proposal development
• Attend and present project result in meetings, workshops, seminars as requested
Communication and Capacity Building:
• Maintain collaboration with other ICRAF units and relevant institutions for technical advisory and implementation
• Develop communication materials on project sites and activities in Indonesia in Bahasa and English
• Write articles for Southeast Asia Tales, Kiprah Agroforestri and other relevant media
MINIMUM REQUIRED ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum education Bachelor Degree (S1) preferably on forest management, environmental law, social-politic science, and regional/rural development.
MINIMUM RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working.
• Experience in working with NGOs and government institutions.
• Contribution in process of national/subnational regulation development e.g. PP/Perda/Pergub/Perbup is valuable experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Good knowledge on policy analysis regard to development planning, environment, and sustainable development.
• Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGO’s in Indonesia.
• Good knowledge of negotiations.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
• Basic administrative and documentation skills.
• Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
• Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
• Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
• Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills (Indonesian and English).
• Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
• Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
• Willing to receive feedback from others.
• Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.