AT OXFAM WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change and we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values:
Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Advocacy Coordinator of World Bank/IMF Annual Meeting 2018
The October World Bank/IMF annual meetings 2018 will be held in Bali, Indonesia. The meeting will discuss global issues, especially on issues of country economic growth & development, inequality and poverty. Indonesia is an influential player in the ASEAN region, and as a ‘tiger’ (BRICSAMIT) economy policy wins here could potentially have big multiplier effects.
Oxfam in Indonesia has already collaborated with the government on inequality. Last year, President Jokowi and Sri Mulyani (formerly Managing Director of the World Bank and currently Finance Minister) agreed with many recommendations related to inequality in Indonesia. This provides a real opportunity for Oxfam globally and Oxfam in Indonesia to use the WB annuals to advance our joint work on the inequality agenda. We can use this opportunity to profile Oxfam in Indonesia and recapture the political space. Oxfam will launch CRII just ahead of the annuals. The Indonesia team needs support from a high performing Advocacy Coordinator to coordinate our influencing agenda before and during the meetings, and to advise on appropriate approaches.
Scope of work:
The Advocacy Coordinator will report directly to the Country Director in close coordination with the programme team and matrix managemed by the Regional Inequality Campaign Lead. The scope of work will cover the following;
- Coordinate with Oxfam in Asia regional platform and global focal person/team for IMF/WB annual meetings and feed into the country influencing priorities, so better country, regional and global influencing plans can be developed.
- Work with Oxfam in Indonesia team to develop an activity plan including media engagement, engagement with local partners and their participation or mobilization during the event if decided.
- Lead country level implementation in coordination with relevant Oxfam teams.
- Attend skype meetings convened for planning WB/IMF Bali meetings and communicate the outcomes, decisions or action points to the country team and share country input to these meetings
- Ensure that all global communication materials, publications are shared with and signed off by Country Director in Indonesia in order to minimize the risk for the country programme.
- Engage with local partners, CSOs in Indonesia especially INFID and get information about their plans during the meetings and feed this information to Oxfam core team [national, regional and global]
- Liaise with and support the Inequality Alliance Indonesia/Asia if needed in organizing alliance events during the meetings.
- Facilitate necessary logistics, administration and other support needed to organize public events in Bali in collaboration with other colleagues in Oxfam Indonesia
- Arrange visa letter, book venue and accommodation and provide necessary security and travel information for the Oxfam and partners coming to attend the meeting.
Mid July to end October 2018
- Fluent written and verbal English, able to write simple public communication pieces
- Proven experience with big events (e.g. seminar, conferences, global meetings) which engage multi sector institution and governments especially in economic & social development issues
- Proven ability to network with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with various teams in short period of team
- Self-motivated and able to independently solve problems
- Excellent and demonstrated coordination skills to engage at various levels with different internal and external stakeholders, including government ministries
- Excellent policy analysis skills, with the ability to collect relevant information, analyze it in the context of project objectives and share analysis at various levels within organization
- Demonstrate strong understanding on Indonesia economic condition and global issue on inequality and poverty eradication
- Well organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize tasks
- Relevant work experience and skills in developing and implementing successful advocacy and campaign projects will be an added advantage