A. Responsibilities and Tasks
CASE Outreach and Engagement Adviser shall assist CASE IESR project
manager and the entire project team in reaching out and engage with project
stakeholders and ensure communication with them are well maintain. Main
functions of this position are outreach stakeholders, execute plan outreach
activities/event, maintain record, and media engagement.
The person shall work closely with IESR’s Communication Group, and coordinate
product and activities delivery.
The tasks of CASE Project Officer shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Dialogue and action for non-energy stakeholders
● help to identify relevant non-energy public stakeholders with high
● assist CASE project manager in reaching out to stakeholders;
● identify key stakeholders and develop plan and engagement strategy to
these targeted stakeholders;
● regularly engaging and building relationship with stakeholders related to
● conducting stakeholder’s survey, if required;
2. Event and Communication
● help organize and manage event, can be in collaboration with vendor
● marketing upcoming events and activities of CASE to external
● adapt and implement CASE’s regional communication strategy;
● write press release and statement, and distribute to media outlet;
● crafting messages for various communication channel;
● working together with CASE vendor and GIZ communication to
manage CASE Indonesia communication channels and medias; ● monitor communication performance for CASE project.
3. Project management support and reporting
● participates and supports preparation of regular consortium team
meetings on national and regional level;
● work closely with GIZ Indonesia and the international consortium
partners in the implementation of the activities;
● attend communication meeting and coordination in Indonesia and
regional CASE project;
● maintaining records and activities reports, including documentation –
pics, video, note-taking, and publication archives
● contribute to the preparation of the project report.
4. Additional tasks
● perform other tasks (or duties) as assigned by the Project Lead and
● act as interface to the IESR and help Project Manager for quality
control and alignment with CASE corporate branding, identity, and
- Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with candidate’s
qualification and experience.
- at least bachelor degree in the field of social science, politics, and
● a minimum 3-5 years of experience in/with and providing assistance to
government, non-energy stakeholders and/or regional/international
● good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and communicate effectively
with governments and other stakeholders;
● excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English,
including the ability to write a research/technical/briefing/policy paper;
● strong organizational competence with good communication and
● outgoing and engaging personality to meet people;● ability to work in an intercultural environment;
● be self-directed and able to work in team;
● ability to prepare and manage public event;
● strong working knowledge of popular social media platform;
● willingness to travel (abroad) when required;
● a good understanding on energy issues;
● familiarity with social media and communication tools, including
communication tracking/evaluation tools.
How to Apply
Candidate to download application from IESR’s website.
Send the completed application form together with an application letter and
latest CV, recommendation letter to email@example.com before June 30th, 2022
Only qualified candidate will be called for interview.