Effective disaster management and emergency responses in the ASEAN region are nowadays more important than ever. The ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance on Disaster Management (AHA Centre) is an inter-governmental organisation which aims to facilitate cooperation and coordination among ASEAN Member States for disaster management and emergency response in the ASEAN region.
The Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany supports the process of regional integration in the ASEAN region with capacity development aiming at strengthening the AHA Centre. It has entrusted GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, Germany, with the implementation of a project in cooperation with the AHA Centre. In accordance with the project‘s objective to strengthen the capacities and work processes of the AHA Centre’s corporate units, the project supports the Centre in institutional and capacity development.
This contributes to facilitating and coordinating ASEAN’s effort in reducing disaster losses and responding to disaster emergencies as “One ASEAN” through regional collaboration, national leadership and global partnership in disaster management.
Specifically, the project focuses on the following sectors of the AHA Centre: 1) Internal Audit, 2) Legal Affairs, 3) Human Resources Management, 4) Management System and 5) Communication. GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
- Be the main focal point for advising and cooperating with the AHA Centre;
- Make sure that project activities are implemented in line with the operational plan and in line with GIZ regulation;
- Provide professional advice to partners and ensure the cooperation and the maintenance of a close dialogue with important stakeholders and project partners;
- Monitor and review the progress of activities, provide recommendations for improvements in close coordination with the person responsible for the project.
- Professional Advising and Consulting
- Timely and correct implementation of project activities according to the agreed Work Plan;
- Advisory support to key functional units (legal services, Internal Audit, HR, Management, Communication) of the AHA Centre concerning capacity building and organizational development;
- Develop Terms of References (ToR) and tendering for short-term experts;
- Support in reporting to the Federal Foreign Office, the German Embassy in Jakarta and the partner (AHAC);
- Quality and results assurance of short-term expert assignments.
2. Networking and cooperation
Develop and maintain close relations to relevant stakeholders in the sectors of work amongst GIZ, relevant ASEAN Dialogue Partners (EU, Australia, USA, Japan, etc.) and other AHA Centre projects.
3. Knowledge management
- Adhere to GIZ best knowledge management practices;
- Timely and updated filing of data and information in the document management system and other project relevant files;
- Collect, process and share relevant knowledge and information with the AHA Centre, stakeholders and relevant GIZ projects.
4. General Obligations
- Coordinate relevant project component activities, including logistics and event management – at national and regional level – in consultation with the Principal Advisor & Administration/Event Management Professional and in close cooperation with respective AHA Centre Divisions, contracted Consultants/Consultancy Firms and other relevant stakeholders;
- Timely and comprehensive project component related reporting, including contributions to quarterly reports to the ASEAN Secretariat and Annual Reports to the commissioning party (German Federal Foreign Office), to be submitted to the Principal Advisor;
- Contribute to and maintain the regular project Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) reporting;
- Contribute to regular project budget monitoring;
- Represent GIZ and the project during related meetings and events inside and outside of Indonesia;
- Perform other duties and tasks as agreed upon with the Principal Advisor, which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job description.
- Master (MSc. /MA) degree, e.g. Southeast Asian studies, political science, business administration, law, geography or comparable studies;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of international cooperation, ideally as advisor/consultant in the fields of “regional integration processes” and “organisational and capacity development;
- Intensive knowledge of South East Asia, if possible, with regional organisations or in multi-country projects;
- Expertise in at least two of the following areas is required: a) organisational development; b) communication; c) human resources management; d) regional integration processes;
- Distinctive intercultural competence in the ASEAN context, confident in interacting with high-ranking representatives of the ASEAN member states as well as representatives of the German embassies;
- Good conceptual and analytical skills as well as communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a team, social competence, organisational skills and resilience;
- High proficiency in English both oral and written as a precondition; good knowledge of German and of one other official language of ASEAN member states would be an asset;
- Preferably working experience with the AHA Centre in Jakarta/Indonesia or related ASEAN institutions and/or ASEAN associated entities and/or other international/regional organisations in the Indo-Pacific region.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- ability to work independently with minimum supervision and under a time pressure
- very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet), computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English
- willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management
- ability to work in an intercultural environment
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: as soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor, ASEAN AHAC
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume and latest educational certificate (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by May 15th, 2022, with subject line ASEAN AHAC – Organizational Development Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified