Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organisation committed to protecting healthy ecosystems for the good of humanity.
Based in Jakarta, the Operations Director will be responsible for and oversee the Finance, Human Resources, Grants Management, Legal, IT and Administrative functions of the program. The incumbent will guide the program to develop and implement sustainable management strategies, support fund raising / business development efforts, set standards related to operational management.
This position is required to partner with external stakeholders and donor organizations such as major and more strategic donor like USAID, attend regular meetings and partner with them to further scale up conservation efforts in Indonesia and also maintain relationship and regular communication with Ministry of Forestry in Indonesia.
- Leads the financial management of the program through the adoption and implementation of sound financial and grant management, accounting, budgeting and oversight of audits; this include manages internal control systems and procedures.
- Leads the development and implementation of internal control mechanisms within the program in order to safeguard all assets (i.e., cash, supplies, and CI property and equipment) from loss or from any unauthorized use.
- Leads the Human Resources function ensuring that HR programs are developed and implemented effectively and in compliance with local and global laws, standards, policies and practices;
- Implements practices and guidelines in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Grants Management, Legal, IT and Administration to ensure attainment of program business plans for growth and sustainability;
- Supports the implementation of Project Management practices and guidelines in consultation with Vice President for Indonesia Program and Program/Project Leads, ensuring sound and effective management of donor projects across the program;
- Ensures effective and efficient operational capacity for the program, and supports fundraising efforts by oversight of development of cost proposals and donor management functions.
- Facilitate and involve strategic contributions in key decision-making processes allowing senior management team to reach agreement.
Key Job Requirements:
Experience & Skill:
- Academic background in Finance and/or Business Administration or 7+ years’ experience in management of operations (administration, finance, human resources, grants resources and donor management) functions, preferably for an international NGO.
- Experience with diverse funding environment including US and European governments, multi-laterals, and large foundations
- Solid business acumen with strong supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in English. Proficient in management of Information Technology
- High-level skills in use of standard accountancy software including MS Excel
- Analytical: Utilizes effective problem solving and decision-making models
- Capacity to analyze trends and tendencies and to translate this information in the review and development of the program’s strategic directions
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and implement with a strategic approach
- Ability to communicate in program official local language
- Experience in using Agresso or similar administrative / accountancy software.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID compliance requirements applicable to US based non-profit organization
Application Close: 30 November 2017