STRENGTHENING MICRO AND SMALL ENTREPRENEURS RESILIENCE AGAINST COVID-19 (SUMMER ACT)
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps Indonesia will reach ~42,500 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) in Greater Malang, East Java Province to share Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign materials and ideas/designs of facilities needed through an ICT platform and provide WASH support. The program will also facilitate access to up to 5,500 micro and small entrepreneurs (30% are women) to digital tools and business mentorships, digital literacy, and virtual mentorship and/or to the working capital through cash transfer and/or loan models.
- Prevent transmission and keep 42,500 Micro and small entrepreneurs who are vulnerable to Covid-19 impacts as safe as possible through access to accurate and timely contextualized COVID-19 health messaging deliver through an ICT platform;
- 9,000 micro and small entrepreneurs households have access to the mini handwashing stations and distribute 2,000 hygiene supplies (mask, sanitizer, disinfectant, hand soap, etc) for 2,000 vulnerable micro and small entrepreneurs households;
- 1.025 micro and small entrepreneurs have access to the working capital through cash transfer model and/or loans;
- 5,500 micro and small entrepreneurs and 1,850 mentors registered on the MicroMentor Indonesia (MMI) platform have access to digital tools and business mentorships, digital literacy, virtual mentorship, and 900 meaningful connections occurred;
- 1,000 micro and small entrepreneurs developed/have COVID-19 protocols related to their business process;
- 2,500 micro and small entrepreneurs participated in the outreach events or digital financial literacy training delivered by the formal financial institution partners.
Operation Officer – SUMMER ACT
Under the leadership of the Program Coordinator, The Operation Officer will base in the program location and responsible for administration and operation issues in the program location office.
*This position temporary for 12 months contract.
Essential Job Function:
- Provide support in ensuring that Mercy Corps’ Program Management Minimum Standards based on the organization-wide guide are met;
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing systems for program correspondence, including but not limited to donor emails, reports, work plans, contracts, revised budgets, etc;
- Co-ordinate any other necessary administrative and office management details on behalf of the Program Coordinator;
- Maintain the program filing and documentation system, including maps, photos documentation/ management and media monitoring files, field documents/ assessment, training materials/ modules, contracts, agreements and other administrative/ logistics documents in coordination with the Program Coordinator, MERL Officer, Digital Training and Financial Services Officer and Program Officer.
- Responsible for all operational needs to support program mini handwashing station and hygiene supplies distribution, program education and spread health messaging, and access to digital training and working capital for micro and small entrepreneurs.
- Responsible for all fleet management in the program location office.
- Handle Procurement process and prepare simple service contract & Full Contract (Direct – Small Purchases).
- Adequate documentation of purchase transaction and procurement contracts for archival and audit purposes should be followed using the forms outlined in the Field Procurement Manual (FP3) and signed by the appropriate authorities.
- Make sure that all delivered items from vendors are in accordance with printed Purchase Requisition.
- Prepare goods received a note and collect the authorized signature.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to YMCI standards.
- Assist the program and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- The operation officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to YMCI and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Develop and maintain a high quality of filling system both soft copy and hard copy for procurement-related documentation.
- Involve in the tender process based on FP3 procedure and coordinate with the Procurement Team in Jakarta
- Assist the operation manager to provide Master List for the program location office every month.
- Assist field staffs, guests and consultants in all administrative matters such as vehicle use, accommodations, and others, in coordination with the Program Coordinator
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, finance, administration or another relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in finance and operation, especially for disaster management program;
- Have experience in Procurement, supply chain management, logistic or related field;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel;
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude, and attention to detail;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities;
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential;
- Advanced oral and written local and English skills.
The vacancy will be closed on 09 August 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Please visit our official website for more complete information about this vacancy and other open recruitment in the following link:
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesi