CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is implementing a The Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM)-funded program in Jakarta that assists refugees and asylum seekers to access basic services such as health care, and provides skills training and education programs.
CWS is now looking to fill the following position:
Operation Assistant – based in Jakarta
JOB SUMMARY: The Operation Assistant position is required to assist all operation tasks in shelters/group homes in Jakarta. The Operation Assistant will also assist the Program Manager and Senior Operation Officer with all correspondence and communication concerning the operations issues of the project, especially regarding shelters/group homes. The position also requires coordination/ communication with all CWS staff in service areas of Jakarta. Ability to be flexible in working with refugees and as part of a team is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Secretarial Job
- Answer telephone and relay message for office staff
- Receive and record all the incoming and outgoing facsimiles
- Date and separate mails and prepare mailings. Maintain a follow up system
- Log on all correspondences as required
- File office paperwork and other documents properly
- Prepare and arrange the traveling schedule, ticketing, hotel booking and other needs of guests and staff.
2. Management of Shelters Operations and Office Administration
- Arrange and coordinate use of office vehicles and maintenance.
- Responsible to purchase office equipment and office supplies in coordination with the Senior Operations Officer
- Responsible for maintaining the day to day records/reports of office assets and program inventories.
- Coordinate and supervise the day to day cleaning process of office, center and shelters/group homes.
- Assist in handling program procurement as requested under coordination with Senior Operations Officer
- In coordination with Senior Operations Officer, arrange different support staff schedules and daily tasks.
- Assist to check office building/shelters and equipment maintenance.
- Assist to organize building, vehicles and equipment insurance.
- Assist to arrange the accommodation for refugees in emergency situation as required.
- Maintain shelters inventory and stocks of shelters supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of shelters property are done and recorded accurately.
- Responsible for daily and routine group home operations, including maintenance oversight and other operational and administrative support.
3. Personnel Administration
- Assist in managing personnel administration, for example, preparing different Forms, i.e : attendance records, and leave requests, travel requests, medical insurance claims and outpatient claims, overtime calculation in coordination with the Senior Operations Officer and Human Resource.
4. Communication and Coordination
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Manager and Senior Operation Officer on administration issue
- Communicate and coordinate with Finance staff in financial issues
- Communicate and coordinate with all staff on daily schedule and administration issues.
- Do other tasks as requested by the Senior Operation Officer.
- Hold minimum degree in Economics, or business administration or any other social science field.
- Minimum two years of experience working in related administration field.
- Proven track record in logistic system.
- Proven experience in logistics and procurement matters.
- Experience in managing meetings, workshops, traveling and scheduling.
- Experience in managing different office and organization properties.
- Experience working in INGO or International environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions, Donors, suppliers, and beneficiaries).
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work in a team and or/independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi-tasking jobs.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, and Power Point).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Willing to work extra hours in stressful and emergency situation.
- Willing to travel to project sites frequently.