Konservasi Indonesia is a national foundation established to support sustainable development in the country. We are the main partner of Conservation International in Indonesia. For more information, please visit: www.konservasi-id.org
We envision a healthy and prosperous Indonesia where biodiversity is valued and preserved. With offices and project sites across Indonesia, we promote a sustainable landscape-seascape approach and establish partnerships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and jurisdictions to deliver lasting impacts for people and nature in Indonesia.
As we are constantly expanding, we are currently hiring to fill the following position for our office in Jakarta:
Nature Climate Solution Lead
Nature plays a critical role in global climate system. Studies say that nature contribution is about 30% of the way to solving climate crisis. Konservasi Indonesia (KI) adopts nature climate solution (NCS) strategy (secure, manage and restore) in its sustainable landscape seascape approach. The strategy focuses on securing and protecting critical ecosystem, restoring degraded areas, improving production practices.
There is significant growth in the demand for high-quality conservation projects that can access various financing mechanism and KI is expanding their portfolio of high-quality projects to meet this demand. KI is seeking a NCS lead to lead development of NCS projects and support ecoregion team (Sundaland, Sunda Banda and Sahul Papua) in the preparation and monitoring of the projects. The NCS lead will be required to research across a variety of subjects to provide information for technical reports such as Project Design Documents. Additionally, the lead may be call upon to support donor fundraising initiatives and reporting.
- Provide strategic analysis and planning for KI’ NCS strategy including priority areas, procedures and process, financial analysis, etc.
- Lead NCS project pipeline development and provide technical supports to landscape managers and program directors to ensure the projects in the pipeline are aligned with program and landscape strategies.
- Conduct feasibility analysis and develop project design documents (including secure, manage and restore) along with implementation plans, monitoring and evaluation protocols.
- Engage external stakeholders and lead the discussion with MoEF, Bappenas and other relevant govt institutions to support Indonesia’s biodiversity action plan, social forestry, emission reduction commitments and strategies (IBSAP, NDC, FREL, FOLU net sink, etc.)
- Identify and engage potential partners and donors for fundraising efforts to secure financial supports for KI programs.
- Maintain and nurture communication and relationship with donors, government, and other institutions, including the responsibility to donor reporting for the projects/programs.
- Build NCS capacity in internal Kl staffs and partners.
- Ensure compliance with KI policies, standards, and code of conduct.
- Participate in staff development and team building.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role requires a high degree of technical know-how and will need to manage a team of people who may have varying levels of technical expertise, who may not directly report to him or her.
- Accountable for operating budgets, tracking expenses, and providing necessary approvals within set financial thresholds
- 8+ years’ work experience managing complex projects, preferably conservation and/or development field programs.
- Professional degree in environmental science or management, climate science, or related fields.
- Experience communicating about REDD+ and other forest carbon finance mechanisms to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with or within the private sector, including corporates and/or institutional investors, on climate or forest-related issues.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing and editing in English.
- Understanding that forest conservation and other NCS initiatives are critical for addressing climate change.
- Proven team player able to work effectively across cultures and within and across organizations.
- Experience in carbon project development
- Working experience with indigenous peoples and traditional communities.
- Experience managing information systems to ensure files and data are organized, accessible, and properly versioned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Please send your current resume, cover letter and portfolio to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
< NCS-Lead > – < your name >
Closing date for the application is May 30, 2023
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).