POST CODE : VA-2019-04
LOCATION : Jakarta, Indonesia
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Service Contract
POST LEVEL : SC-6
LANGUAGE REQUIRED : Indonesia, English
DURATION OF INITIAL CONTRACT : 12 months
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE : 30 January 2019
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA has supported the Government of Indonesia (GoI) in elimination of gender based violence to achieve gender equality by providing evidence-based advocacy and supporting GoI through Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (MOWECP), Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Commission on Violence against Women (NCVAW) to eliminate gender based violence and harmful practices including in humanitarian setting. UNFPA closely works and coordinates with the MOWECP, MOH (through the Health Crisis Center and Family Health Directorate), Ministry of Social Affair (MOSA), National Disaster Management Board (BNPB) to provide support to the national sub cluster on Reproductive Health (RH sub cluster) and Protection of Women’s Rights (PWR sub cluster).
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The National Programme Associate (NPA) for Gender and Humanitarian supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
This position will report to the Programme Specialist for Gender and Programme Analyst for Humanitarian.
The National Programme Associate (NPA) for Gender and Humanitarian will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s country programme and project implementation, supporting design, planning and management, in the areas of gender and humanitarian.
This post will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participating in the formulation of the country programme and component projects by compiling information from implementing partners, assist in drafting project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
• Supporting the implementation of projects and programme activities, managing gender and humanitarian budgets, monitoring programme/projects expenditure; monitoring compliance of programme and financial reports (SPR, FACE and WPMT); follows up audit recommedations.
• Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of project and programme activities, establishing ways to assess achievement and recommending corrective action as required; conducting field visits; participating in review meetings and evaluation missions.
• Guiding routine implementation of assigned projects includes UN Joint programme on Gender and Humanitarian, in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel at national and sub-national levels.
• Providing logistical support to projects by coordinating project related meetings, workshops and events. Training and guiding project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
• Supporting effective communication between UNFPA staff at Country Office, Project Personnel, Implementing Partners and related stakeholders. Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
• Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisors or UNFPA Representative.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing cultural diversity
• Embracing change
• Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
• Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
• Delivering results-based programmes
• Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
• Achieving results
• Being accountable
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
• Thinking analytically and strategically
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
• Communicating for impact
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in in accounting, business/public administration, finance, management and/or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum 4 (four) years of relevant experience in programme/project management.
• Ability to liaise and affiliate with Government, National Commission on VAW, Donors, NGOs working in the area of gender and humanitarian programme.
• Experience working with women’s organization and humanitarian organization and network is an advantage.
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems; Knowledge of PeopleSoft/ATLAS system is preferable.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.