National Fundraising Consultant, Foundations and CSR
Working Location: Jakarta and remote
Project:PEKA SINERGI (www.peka-sinergi.com)
Contract Type: Part time, short term (20 working days from November – December 2017)
PT KM UTAMA Indonesia has been allocated grant funding by the Millennium Challenge Account – Indonesia to implement the project, “A Sustainable Training and Certification System for the Renewable Energy Labour Market” (PEKA SINERGI), which supports the Government of Indonesia to establish a system of professional training, certification and accreditation for technician-level jobs in the new and renewable energy sector.
PT KM UTAMA is currently seeking a Fundraising Consultant to leverage the network and impact of the PEKA SINERGI project and lead the development of a fundraising strategy targeting foundations and private sector CSR, to complement the existing PEKA SINERGI efforts with international donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
a) Familiarize with PEKA SINERGI operations and programmatic priorities;
b) Review previous and existing efforts, ideas and discussions on fundraising including a review of previous report on fundraising options;
c) Identify possible funding sources within Indonesia (within the context of PEKA SINERGI’s expertise).
d) Identify and connect PEKA SINERGI with at least 6 possible donors with whom PEKA SINERGI can cultivate partnership and secure possible funding.
• Review/mapping of possible fundraising options for PEKA SINERGI in consultation with the Senior Program Officer.
• Initiate contact with 6 possible donors, including: (i) sharing the vision/mission of PEKA SINERGI and how it may match the needs of the donor; (ii) sharing proposals developed by PEKA SINERGI; (iii) arranging meetings with the PEKA SINERGI team; (iv) follow up with the possible donors after meetings.
• Travel to Jakarta to participate at least two meetings with potential donors
• Higher degree in relevant field including international development, social sciences, political science.
• Proven successful track record in fundraising for international agencies or nongovernmental organizations (including donor coordination, identification and liaison; proposal writing).
• Excellent command of written and verbal English; native-speaker or equivalent command of Indonesian
How to Apply