PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF INDONESIA
National Consultant – Team Member – Development of a Guideline and a Training Module for the Government using the Youth Development Index (YDI) at the National Level and Sub-National Level
Contract Type: Individual Consultant Contract
Duration: August – November 2021
Closing date: Extended to 22 July 2021 – 23:59hrs (Jakarta time)
Job code: UNFPA/IDN/ICC/21/04
Purpose of consultancy:
To develop the guideline and training module for the government to develop and implement Youth Development Index (YDI) at the national level and sub-national level.
The scope of work includes the following:
- In collaboration with Bappenas, to lead the process in organizing the training for the government to develop and use the YDI and to develop the report on the training including the achievement, gaps and recommendations.
- To lead the development of the training materials, including the slide presentations and other interactive platform(s) for the training.
- To facilitate consultative discussions with various stakeholders including youth networks, government and UN Agencies, and incorporate the feedback from stakeholders into the guideline and training modules.
- To provide technical assistance in finalizing the guideline and training module (point number 1 and 2).
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
- Strong background the demographic situation in Indonesia particularly on youth-related population issues;
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, and experience in working with either government institutions and/or UN agencies is an advantage.
- Excellent skills in working in a team.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Economic Development, Demography and Population Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics, Gender and Development Studies, other related fields.
- Min. of 2 years experience in training module development on issues related with public policy development (preferably on issues related to young people).
- Familiarity in developing index reports on issues related to population and/ or social development would be useful.
- Familiarity with the policy on youth development at national and subnational levels would be useful
- Knowledge of the broader issues related to UNFPA’s mandate on adolescent sexual and reproductive health, youth leadership and participation, population, human rights and gender issues.
- Fluent in spoken and written Indonesian Language and English.
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Link to the vacancy announcement: https://indonesia.unfpa.org/en/vacancies/national-consultant-team-member-development-guideline-and-training-module-government-using
*should you have problems accessing the link, please clear/change your internet browser.