GIZ RFPI Asia Phase III is building on the experiences and lessons from the implementation of its predecessor microinsurance project phases and expanding its scope to promote climate risk insurance in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam beginning in 2019. It is working with stakeholders from the government, insurance companies and associations, development agencies and non-government organizations to highlight the need of integrating risk transfer mechanisms, particularly climate risk insurance, into policy landscapes and market innovations.
In Indonesia, GIZ RFPI Asia has been working closely with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (KKP) to promote climate risk insurance, specifically within its sustainable aquaculture development program. RFPI Asia has also been collaborating with the Financial Services Authority (OJK) and the insurance associations to promote microinsurance and to incorporate climate risk insurance in current risk management approaches, especially for households and micro, small and medium enterprises. Additionally, the program ensures that it is aligned with the interventions of the GIZ Indonesia’s Social Protection Program (SPP).
As RFPI Asia continues its commitments of support and collaboration in Indonesia, it is seeking the assistance of a part-time national project officer who can effectively carry out technical and administrative responsibilities.
More information at www.mefin.org about RFPI Asia program results.
- Responsible in the RFPI Asia III program implementation activities in Indonesia in close coordination with GIZ SPP project in Indonesia, and
- Responsible in the implementaton of the develoPPP project with partner private companies such as with AXA Financial Indonesia and Inkopdit.
- Facilitate dialogues with line ministries (particularly the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Ministry of Finance, BAPPENAS, OJK), insurers and re-insurers, mass organizations and other stakeholders in the conceptualization of Climate and Disaster Risk Insurance (CDRI) in the Indonesian context, elaboration of business models and implementation of CDRI in Indonesia.
- Support the study of Disaster Risk Finance (DRFI) policies, good practices of business model and distribution channels and Insurtech applicable to Indonesia.
- Coordinate the develoPPP project activities of RFPI with partner private companies.
- Network and seek collaboration and partnership with other GIZ programs, development partners in the area of CDRI, agricultural insurance and disaster risk insurance during the implementation, documentation and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Facilitate and contribute to events organized by RFPI Asia III program and by develoPPP with AXA Financial Indonesia and Inkopdit.
- Act as liaison officer for RFPI Program and develoPPP to Indonesian partners and other agencies.
- Other related tasks as required by the RFPI Program Director.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in International Development, Development Finance, or a related academic background
- Expertise in project management, particularly under development cooperation frameworks;
- Experience in consultancies which requires independent delivery of outputs with less supervision;
- Experience in partnership development, advocacies and networking with public and private entities; and
- Familiarity with the subject matters of inclusive insurance, disaster risk management and/or climate change highly desirable
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English, including writing capabilities;
- Availability to travel within Indonesia for short-term project visits;
- Positive attitude in taking responsibilities and new activities;
- Strong consulting, proposal-writing, management and organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new things;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines; and
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Program Director, RFPI Asia III
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 June 2021 with subject line RFPI – NA
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.