“The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
In the context of the bilateral cooperation between the Government of Germany and the Government of Indonesia, the Social Protection Programme (SPP) assists the Government of Indonesia in the development of long-term strategies for a comprehensive system of Social Protection. The National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) is its main partner. The collaboration has been reinforced and strengthened during the German-Indonesian Government Negotiations in 2017. SPP will enter a new approach from January 2019 and is part of the priority area “Sustainable Economic Development and TVET”.
The New SPP aims at improving risk coverage and promotes the independent economic existence for the poor and vulnerable with a view to contributing to innovative approaches to complement the social protection system for the poor and vulnerable. The proyek works in the following intervention areas: (1) Adaptive Social Protection (ASP): capacity development for BAPPENAS and other key stakeholder in performing their tasks to lead the policy consultation at the national level and facilitating the development of the strategic recommendation for expanding social protection against risks from extreme weather events and natural disasters (2) Financial Inclusion: Support PT Pos in modernizing its services through the digital giro platform and expanding savings products which will increase access to financial services for poor and vulnerable groups. The starting point for this is support from PT Pos in (c) Labor market access for Person with Disabilities: Advisory services and technical support for the development of the concept and strategy of inclusive design from employment promotion instruments and reform plans for the vocational education and training sector, through the Social Security Administering Body, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan and other key stakeholders (BAPPENAS, Ministry of Man Power, Ministry of Social Affairs and DJSN).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- facilitate contacts to and manage relationships with high-ranking representatives from government, private sector, academia and civil society (with a focus on liaising with BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, BAPPENAS, Ministry of Man Power, Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA), and National Social Security Council (DJSN);
- provide technical advice (writing and verbally) for the development of strategy and instruments to integrate persons with disabilities (PwD) into the labor market which availability of the employment promotion measures that have been selected are designed to be inclusive so that they can meet the specific needs and profiles of persons with disabilities;
- assist Social Protection Programme to advocate the BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, BAPPENAS, Ministry of Man Power and DJSN in the development of the ‘Inclusive Labor Market’ and integrate the concept and its instruments into the national policies related to labor market in Indonesia;
- assist Social Protection Programme to advocate BAPPENAS, Ministry of Man Power, MoSA and DJSN in the national legalization process for communicating of recommendation on the labor market integration into the draft of government decree and ensuring the familiarity of the topic to all relevant national stakeholders;
- provide background research and strategy formulation in the above-mentioned areas;
- support the Principal Advisor in carrying out project activities, especially for reporting, monitoring and evaluation in accordance the GIZ monitoring and evaluation instrument;
- assist other experts – including consultant – and performs additional duties at the request of the Principal Advisor.
Required qualifications, skills, competences and experiences
- Indonesian citizenship;
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Social Sciences (major on Social Protection), Law, Economics or related fields with labor market analysis;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Professional experience required:
- at least 8 years relevant experience in related field;
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationship with high-ranking stakeholders and/or dialogue partners from government, private sector, academia, and civil society;
- experienced with labor market integration related issues, advance understanding of disability, social protection (concept and design), (the design and implementation of) public policy and development in Indonesia;
- familiar with the ‘Inclusive” concept and design in cross sectoral topics, in particular on Social Protection field;
- expertise and work experience on multi-stakeholder platform dialogue and communication, facilitation and moderation;
- proven qualification to provide high-quality advice on politically sensitive issues and to draft documents in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- international experience on labor market and disabilities are value added;
- ability to work independently/with minimum supervision and in an international working environment;
- available and ability to travel both in Indonesia and abroad if necessary to support the implementation and dissemination of the result (including for piloting, expert dialogues/meeting, etc.)
- ability to operate ITC technologies and computer applications (particularly MS Office);
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 19 May 2019.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SPP – PwD Advisor (Labor Market Access for PwD)
Please name your file as the following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.