Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Bali:
Mount Agung Reforestation Project Officer (MARPO)
Conservation International (CI) is looking for Mount Agung Reforestation Project Officer to support the implementation of conservation works in the Mount Agung Landscape, focusing in Kubu Sub-district of Karangasem Regency especially promoting ridge to reef approach through reforestation, community development, education and awareness, biodiversity monitoring, research on ecological and economic impact of the program. He/she will responsible for ensuring smooth function of the field activities and maintains good relationship with partners.
- Represent CI in the location, day-to-day liaison and communication with local key stakeholders and partners on the Mount Agung landscape
- Responsible on activities (planning, coordinate, implementing) within timetable and approval budget and workplan and ensure monitoring of the program activities, and reporting to Program Manager for any progress on a regular basis
- Prepare draft quarterly progress report and or technical report on related conservation implementation project
- Provide technical assistance/advise or related program to local partner to ensure best approach
- Bachelor Degree on Biology, Forestry, or Natural Resources Management related science.
Experience & Skill:
- Understand forest conservation and forestry issues at regional level including knowledge of NGOs led conservation and community-led conservation issues
- Has experience in multi stakeholder facilitation
- Display commitment to protection and conservation of natural resources
- Minimum two years’ experience in conservation project in Bali
- Good communication skills in local language, Bahasa Indonesia, and English