The anticipated, four-year USAID-funded HARMONI activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism in Indonesia. HARMONI will focus support on interventions that narrowly target communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with an explicit mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – government, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia. The project will focus on at-risk communities and vulnerable population groups.
*This position is open to Indonesian nationals only*
The M&E manager will report directly to the project’s chief of party (COP) and will work closely with the deputy chief of party (DCOP) and technical teams in the development of regular performance reports. The position duties include overseeing the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and ensuring high-quality tracking of all performance measurement indicators and reporting. The M&E manager will be responsible for all data collection, storage and reporting, as well as training data collection staff and ensuring high quality of data. S/he will oversee the design, development and management of the project database system and be responsible for any recommendations made to adjust M&E systems and/or definitions to improve tracking systems. This is a full-time position for the duration of the project.
- Oversee all aspects of the performance measurement support for the project. Ensure that all project staff have a clear understanding of the results framework, including definitions.
- Flesh out and revise the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and performance indicators as needed.
- Help establish a manageable context monitoring system.
- Provide training to project staff on the PMP and context monitoring on how to collect the needed data from the partners.
- Report quarterly M&E data to technical staff and to the COP and MSI Technical Director for quarterly reporting; help produce the annual report.
- Build strong working relationships with the USAID mission and projects’ partners.
- Conduct data verification and quality control exercises.
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for M&E and other materials.
- Supervise long-term and short-term M&E staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of performance measurement for development project activities, preferably in conflict prevention, education and/or governance projects.
- Previous experience developing and implementing PMPs, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection, and M&E storage systems; USAID experience required.
- Previous experience training and overseeing data collection staff.
- Previous experience working with M&E database systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE