Reports To: MEL Advisor
Location: National – Jakarta
Jhpiego seeks MEL specialist to support USAID MOMENTUM Private Health Care Delivery project at national level. The post holder will assist MEL Advisor in implementing MEL-related works including tracking project indicators.
- Provide input and recommendations to set SMART project indicators in alignment with project scope and goal along with the baseline, monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Assist to develop effective and efficient monitoring systems, processes, and tools to provide quality (timely, accurate, and complete) data and generating evidence
- Assist to oversee project baseline and evaluation in coordination with other team members and/or external consultant.
- Assist to design data collection forms and manage data collation and analysis systems
- Conduct analysis of project performance and progress based on data monitoring and provide feedback/input to rest of project team accordingly
- Check data quality and make corrective actions as necessary to ensure that the data/information generated is correct and reliable
- Track indicator achievement at all levels (output, outcome, and impact/goal)
- Build capacity of team members to participate in project monitoring within their respective roles
- Conduct field visits to oversee how data collection and M&E processes are implemented on the ground and provide immediate support or corrective action as necessary
- Identify the key challenges on project implementation at district level and provide specific recommendation for improvement
- Prepare relevant MEL consolidated reports and presentations for the project and represent project in professional circles.
- In collaboration with project team, establish project learning agendas and conduct small-scale evaluation or demonstration activities as needed.
- Deliver any other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required. Master’s degree in public health is preferred
- At least 5 years of M&E experience, including developing monitoring systems and tools, with strong knowledge base of M&E approaches
- Experience working with USAID project is preferred
- Experience working with local International Review Board in Indonesia
- Experience working in technical areas in maternal, newborn and child health
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong eye for detail
- Experience working in a research environment or information-generating context and designing data collection tools
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform decision making and changes in project course
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relations with key partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well as a team
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with human centered-design desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Preferable having residential in our project locations: Jakarta
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position (i.e. MEL Specialist MPHD National).
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.