The USAID Strengthening Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To achieve the overall goal, this Activity will achieve the following two objectives: 1) Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use and 2) Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
The MEL Officer will be responsible for ensuring MEL data are accurately collected in the four field sites of USAID SEGAR and captured in the activity’s MEL system (DevResult). The MEL Officer with closely collaborate with the Site Managers and the MEL Specialist of the activity. The MEL Officer will be based in Jakarta and will spend considerable time in the field.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supports in the design of program-specific performance monitoring plans and AMEL plan
- Supports in the establishment of project indicator baselines in the field sites of USAID SEGAR
- Supports the design of and conducts surveys, implements random sampling plans, and uses other observation techniques to track expected results based on performance standards in field sites of USAID SEGAR
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to field sites of USAID SEGAR to partners and ensures accurate and timely data collection and reporting
- Leads data entry process and ensures correct use of DevResults
- Contributes to regular program reports for submission to USAID, with focus on MEL data from the field sites
- Works with the MEL specialist and site managers to ensures staff are using data collected to make informed, timely decisions related to project implementation
- Reports to the MEL Specialist
- Minimum of 5 years of MEL-related experience
- Degree in social science, evaluation research, statistics, economics, or another MEL-related field
- Extensive experience conducting field surveys sampling and observation approaches, and accurate data recording and reporting related to sustainable landscape management and knowledge of relevant indicators, measurements, and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in performance measurement, indicator selection, definition and monitoring, and data collection/analysis
- Database management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in Bahasa Indonesia and English, verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please send your CV/resume (file name: CV – Yourname) to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the code “SEGAR – MEL Officer”on the submission email. The deadline to submit applications is May 9, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.