Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) is a local Indonesian non-profit organization, which implements humanitarian and development assistance programs throughout the country. MCI’s mission is to empower people in Indonesia to become healthy, productive, and resilient communities. Resilience means an ability to recover form or adjust easily to misfortune or change.
Under USAID/OFDA funding, Mercy Corps is implementing its “Investing in Human Capital for Disaster Management” (INVEST) 2.0 program in the national level. USAID INVEST DM 2.0 will work to support the Government of Indonesia (GOI) disaster management institutions and people at key administrative levels to be better equipped to fulfill their mandate to deliver effective DRM services and save lives. USAID INVEST DM 2.0 seeks to provide a holistic approach to support Indonesia’s disaster management institutions, supporting BNPB’s own ‘people-centered’ approach, where comprehensive inputs in the areas of: technical capacity in preparedness-response-recovery; policy and planning; governance; and organizational development. These areas are grounded in human capital, serving to capacitate and reinforce the people that make it all function. This means supporting GOI personnel at the national and sub-national levels alike.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management (MEL-KM) Officer – USAID INVEST DM 2.0
General Position Summary
Under the guidance of Senior Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist, the MEL-KM Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of INVEST DM 2.0’s MEAL System, including development/review of MEAL tools and plans, baseline and end-line survey, beneficiary and indicator tracking, data compilation and participatory analysis, contribution to reports including milestones and managing evidence-based learning process and project-level knowledge management program. The position will be based in Jakarta.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with Senior MEAL Specialist to develop/review MEAL tools and an ME(A)L plan to ensure the effective use of program funds and information.
- Supporting the technical analysis for the implementation of the MEL Plan for program activities, outputs, and outcomes, including appropriate methodologies and data collection frequency.
- Developing digital data collection tools, including data visualization system/dashboard based on program outcome and output indicators.
- Supporting the collection, aggregation, storage, and analysis of indicator data for dissemination and use.
- Supporting data analysis plan for reflecting on outputs, outcomes, goal, and assumption indicators.
- Establishing and regular updating of evidence-based results related to the program indicator tracking in TOLA and periodic reporting to USAID/BHA and BNPB.
- Regular tracking of Program Participants’ Sex, Age, and Disability Disaggregated Data (SADD).
- Ensuring the data needed for program monitoring, evaluation, research, learning, and report are available, and following the data protection policy.
- Supporting the Sr. MEAL Specialist and Sr. Knowledge Management, Communication, and Research Specialist to prepare periodic report to USAID/BHA and BNPB on program progress, challenges, lesson-learned, and recommendations.
- Managing program data and files in accordance with the MCI standard filing structure in the Synology storage platform or MCI Data Center.
- Supporting MEAL Specialist in managing MEL capacity building and training for program team and partners as needed and serve as a resource for program staff related to the validation of evidence-based programming.
- Supporting Knowledge Management, Communication, and Research Specialist for ensuring the knowledge management program to capture, disseminate, and effectively use the knowledge and best practices generated from INVEST DM 2.0 to enhance the performance of the project is well implemented.
Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from either technical or social science, such as mathematics, statistics, communication, public relation, public administration or other relevant fields.
- Have experience working as MEL Officer and/or Data Analyst for development program.
- Familiar with research methodologies or have experience in project research.
- Having experience conducting baseline-end line survey and measure the behaviour change would be an advantage.
- Significant experience in MEL team capacity building/training.
- Proven experience working with the digital data collection tools.
- Proven experience of data analysist with proper software.
- Demonstrated, developed facilitation and engagement skills.
- Knowledge on disaster management and workforce development will be an advantage.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SPSS /STATA, PowerBI, and other qualitative and quantitative statistical analysis tools).
- Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion and knowledge events.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps Indonesia is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter that specifically addresses how you will handle this job responsibilities via https://www.mercycorps.or.id/peluang and fill in the position code : “001-MEL-INVESTDM” .The vacancy will be closed on 06 October 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia