The MEL Specialist will serve as a technical resource for the USAID MADANI Project. The Specialist will provide technical assistance to project’s monitoring, evaluation, learning and research activities, including the development and dissemination of tools, materials, and capacity building materials. The Specialist will support the design and establishment of MADANI’s MEL system, including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the project, and work closely with the technical team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing MEL framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements. The Specialist will support data analysis and production of data use products and mechanisms to promote evidence-based programming, and timely feedback in relation to targets or identification and resolution of gaps. S/he will provide guidance on appropriate information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for MADANI.
- Support development and implementation of a MEL system to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Work with the Monitoring and Reporting Officer to ensure that data is collected and reported
- Work with the Knowledge Management and Information System (KMIS) Officer to perform data analytics and intelligence, data visualization and analysis for MADANI’s KMIS system
- Work with the DCOP to improve consistency, quality and practicality of MEL strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within the project, the Government of Indonesia and other development partners.
- Oversee analytical studies and liaison with vendors and consultant conducting studies
- Build capacity of staff and MADANI grantees on MEL components and develop tools and materials to improve the capacity of MADANI grantees to accurately monitor and report on program activities
- Work with the Communications Specialist to develop communication materials to document and share project results and lessons learned
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations, surveys, implementation research and other research as required.
- Support high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in MEL in Indonesia, preferably with USAID experience.
- Strong background in quantitative research design, methods, analysis and application of subsequent insights to improve performance.
- Experience developing MEL plans.
- Demonstrated MEL experience and skills, complemented by collaboration with varying types of partners.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Must have extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts for health projects.
- Must have exceptional writing, communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English language, strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please apply through FHI 360 career portal with the link below by the latest Jan 15, 2021