USAID SEGAR is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to support SEGAR Activity at national level and based in Jakarta, full-time, 5 days work-from-office per week.
USAID’s SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. USAID SEGAR contributes to the 2020 – 2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy, Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, and Intermediate Result 1, Natural Resource Management Improved.
To achieve the overall goal, USAID SEGAR will achieve the following two objectives:
- Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advance biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use.
- Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the activity’s MEL work, generating up-to-date data on progress toward activity indicators, results, and outcomes.
- Employs relevant MEL tools and formats, providing training to staff, grantees and subcontractors in using them.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting, particularly for quarterly and annual reports to USAID.
- Ensures correct use of Chemonics’ Dev Results information system by staff.
- Supervises MEL Assistant (Jakarta) and Site-Level MEL staff (Aceh, and West, East and Central Kalimantan).
- Supports management to access timely, accurate data to make informed decisions related to Activity implementation.
- Supports management in pause and reflect workshops and learning events with staff, grantees, subcontractors, and key stakeholders to inform adaptive management.
- Supervises short-term consultants as needed.
- Advanced degree in social science, evaluation research, statistics, economics, or another MEL-related field
- Minimum of 7 years of MEL experience.
- Minimum of 3 years MEL experience with a USAID project/partner and demonstrated knowledge of USAID MEL-related procedures and practices.
- Experience of managing information/databases.
- Experience in validating and updating Theories of Change (TOC) and testing/modifying result chains and underlying assumptions.
- Ability to lead USAID SEGAR MEL with staff and partners from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally, and in writing.
- Fluency in Indonesian.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “MELS – Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may lead to an early recruitment process.