In February 2019 Mercy Corps and John Deere launched the next phase of POWER. POWER 2 aims to reach more smallholder farmers and increase yields and income by strengthening farmer organizations, improving agricultural practices and increasing access and adoption of technology to make farming more productive and attractive to younger generations of farmers. POWER 2 will focus on rice, corn, and horticulture crops as a mixed farming strategy that is relevant across the proposed target areas. Mercy Corps Indonesia will continue working in the three POWER 1 locations of Subang, Banyuwangi, and Lombok, where the program will provide continued support to 48 Farmer Groups and their farmer members. POWER 2 will expand the program geography to selected districts in South Sulawesi, Lampung and North Sumatera Provinces, POWER 2 focuses on reaching smallholder rice farmers who own up to two hectares of land.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant – POWER 2
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistant of POWER will work closely with MEL Officer and support MEL tasks within program implementation, including data management, field assessment, and data collection. S/he will also be involved in the monitoring and implementation of activities and outputs of the project in close collaboration with the other team members, including District Coordinators, as well as support compiling data progress of implementation that required for semi-annual program report.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
Collaborate closely with the MEL team (POWER 2 MEL Officer and National M&E Coordinator) on maintaining and /or developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems that serve the needs of the POWER program, including:
- Assist Program Manager and MEL Officer in order to conduct a sequence of planning events, interspersed with research and data collection that will inform the progress of the POWER 2 program plan;
- Support the development, refinement, and implementation of the Program Monitoring Plan (PMP) for program activities, outputs, and outcomes, including appropriate methodologies and data collection frequency;
- Manage data program and files that can be used for a program dashboard and able to become a dashboard admin, especially during MEL Offices absence. In addition, he/she will also work on data management in accordance with the MCI standard filing structure in the Synology storage platform;
- Support in the program’s reporting requirements;
- Represent Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) and the POWER Program, and build positive, fruitful relationships when engaging with the program’s stakeholders and beneficiaries, including farmer business groups, government officials, private sector actors, donor officials, media, etc. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credibility to MCI without jeopardizing its humanitarian/development mission.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly to Program Manager – POWER 2
Works Directly with Program Manager, National M&E Coordinator, MEL Officer, Procurement and Logistics, Administration and Finance, and District Coordinator.
- Possess a relevant university degree, especially Statistics or Mathematics degrees, and be familiar with research methodologies or have experience in project research;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation, ideally in an NGO context.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, highly desired;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills including problem-solving skills, being proactive and taking initiative;
- Expertise and skills in development and implementation of M&E plans, assessments, baseline and end-line surveys, evaluations, using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Expertise and skills in the analysis of collected data and compiling findings in clear and structured reports;
- Ability to work with computer programs typically used for data management, analysis and reporting, such as ONA/ODK/Enketo, Excel/SPSS/R;
- Strong analytical/logical thinking skills.
The vacancy will be closed on 18 January 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia