CWS Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS Indonesia currently focusing on 3 main program areas:
- Refugee Protection: supporting around 500 refugees and asylum seeker in Jakarta
- Humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction / disaster risk management
- Food Security and Nutrition
CWS is now looking to fill the following position:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning (MEAL) Specialist 1 Position
Reports to: Director of Programs
In consultation with the Director of Programs (DP) the MEAL Specialist will lead the technical and strategic Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) processes for the country program; design, develop and implement a MEAL system and protocols for CWS/Indonesia in line with CWS protocols; communicate evidenced-based results internally to inform management and program decisions, and externally to donors and program participants (beneficiaries and duty bearers) for accountability; support knowledge / capacity building about MEAL among project and partner staff on in line with CWS global and donor standards; assist the DP and other program staff and advisors, providing technical assistance to design and implement research studies, surveys, and evaluations; set-up beneficiary accountability mechanisms and community feedback protocols, e.g. a Suggestion Box; support the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all CWS/Indonesia projects to ensure that quality, accountability, and reporting standards are met; aggregate M&E info-data from project staff to inform program design/redesign; promote program accountability, learning and sharing among staff, partners and other stakeholders; support positive donor relations (stewardship) by drafting reports, stories and other communication pieces to targeted audiences as requested; and ensure compliance with donor branding and marking plans.
- Master’s degree in development, statistics, or related studies
- At least 2 years of professional experience leading MEAL systems.
- Demonstrated skills in MEAL programs in development or emergency response programs
- 5+ years’ experience with an I/NGO and with evidence-based M&E
- Knowledge of evidence-based development programming
- Experience designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research and using research results in program design
- Demonstrated experience in info-data management and familiar with technologies in social research
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, to work successfully in the field, and to manage and move groups of people toward completion of activities.
MEAL Technical Skills
- Ability to design and develop, or adapt from existing resources:
- info-data collections tools for monitoring based on program results framework.
- questionnaires for quantitative surveys and interview guides for qualitative studies.
- tools for processing and storing info-data: create and manage databases using Excel, Access or other similar data management platforms, and create and effectively structure survey data files.
- Know advanced techniques for random sampling, including the estimation of sample size, the calculation of weights, the calculation of the estimation errors, and confidence intervals; advanced descriptive statistics and statistical inference so as to select samples and perform appropriate statistical tests to remove the evidence of differences between results or between groups (experimental and control); and at least one statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or equivalent, preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation, a CV, Including three references, expected gross salary and contact number. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org ; The position will remain open until it is filled.