Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. In Indonesia, Plan International operates since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (YPII/Plan Indonesia) was established as national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. YPII is currently developing and will start implementing its Country Strategy 5 (CS 5) covering fiscal year 20122 to 2027, where the country purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 1 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies) and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take actions to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes.
MER KM Specialist will play a key role in ensuring the achievement of the programme objectives which relates to accountable and measurable impact of YPII programme implementation. S/he is accountable for successful implementation of CS5 organizational objective. S/he will support the MER KM Manager and the country leadership team in striving to strengthen YPII’s position as one of the leading organisation working to promote girls’ rights and agency by strengthening monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management for accountability and measurable impact through providing robust data/information on decision making.
Dimensions of the Role
Reporting to MER KM Manager, The MER KM Specialist will be responsible to support the measurement of organisational and program objective achievement, support the quality assurance of researches, monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management, and support the YPII to effectively ensure delivery of quality programme and influence work. Key Responsibility areas are as follows:
- Coordinate the M&E framework development and support to Country Office, Programme Implementation Area, programmes, projects and humanitarian responses including manage database and dashboard.
- Liaise with Programme/Project Manager to supervise and provide oversight of the work of M&E consultants and implementing partners, to ensure linkage to YPII M&E framework and Plan International standards and guidelines for Programming and Influencing.
- Play a key role in ensuring timely monitoring and evaluation on programmes and projects, coordination of monitoring activities and baseline data collection and submission of YPII quarterly and annual report.
- Manage and support the quality assurance of researches, monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management,
- Represent YPII in exchange of information and community of practice forums and events at National, Regional and Global level as requested by MER KM Manager.
- Unless there are specific projects and grants for M&E, this position does not have budget portfolio to manage.
MER KM Specialist function on supporting projects would be distributed equally based on the workload and under MER KM Manager supervision.
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Supports the development of YPII Office M&E framework and Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), liaise and coordinate with Programme and Project Manager to ensure that Programmes/Projects M&E Framework, ITT and quarterly as well as annual plan are in place based on the Programme/Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), provide support and mentoring as necessary to achieve this to Programme/Project Team,
- Leads the development of monitoring and evaluation plans as well as tools of YPII programmes and projects, ensuring quality of baseline data, availability of risks registry, monitoring activities and evaluability criteria as per the programmes/projects theory of change, gender transformative approach, CS5 and Plan International Area of Global Distinctiveness (AoGDs).
- Conducts and/or provides support to programmes/projects monitoring activities as requested by Programme Managers, including support to select M&E consultants and provide mentoring to implementing partners.
- Works under the technical supports from MER KM Manager to provide oversight to programmes and projects research tools and analysis for M&E.
Quality Monitoring and Evaluation Reporting
- Collects and coordinate data collection required for timely submission of M&E reports of programme and projects for CO quarterly and annual report to Regional and Global Hub, Donors and Nos including manage database and dashboard to monitor monthly, quarterly, annual progress.
- Maintain quality of data collection and tools to capture change to monitor/track programme and project impacts to reach targeted result e.g national target of 1 million girls.
- Supports and provides inputs for programme/projects and humanitarian response’s data collection and analysis for donor reporting.
- Ensures the utilization of PROMPT/PMERL or any IT-based platform for M&E is well developed and functional to generate timely report.
Knowledge Management and Outreach
- Manage and provides capacity building and mentoring for YPII Staff on learning
- Actively involves in Plan International Regional and Global Hub exercise to strengthen MERKM tools, ensuring knowledge sharing and cascade of information to CO, PSO and PIA on Plan International standards and guidelines on M&E.
- Participates in M&E related events to present YPII as requested by supervisor to establish networks and learn from M&E community of practice.
Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- MER KM Manager: direct report for ITT and M&E Framework and technical support to ensure quality of data collection and tools for Country Office;
- Programme Manager/Project Manager: direct day to day coordination, provide technical support, mentoring and capacity building to ensure M&E Framework implementation, timely submission of quarterly and annual report;
- Program Development Manager/Specialist: support the development of M&E framework for concept note and grant proposal development;
- PIA/PSO: technical support for M&E framework development, utilization of data for knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of grant as well as sponsorship projects and activities;
- ARO and GH M&E Department: liaise and provide requested support, knowledge sharing and report on the implementation of MERL Framework to ensure compliance with Plan International standard.
- Implementing partners: provide support and capacity building to monitor and track progress against target and indicators as per project M&E.
- M&E Consultants: assess and review deliverables to ensure quality.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in social science, statistics, public health and any related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in project M&E, with practical knowledge on Results Based Management and Theory of Change. Experience in working on M&E focusing on health is an advantage.
- Well informed on the trends and development in M&E, evaluation for impact and state-of-the-art methodology for measuring development projects (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Possess knowledge and skill in research methodology and data collection for baseline and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management and learning process.
- Good analytical skill.
- Well informed about methods to capture change/results of project implementation.
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Possess good judgement to deal with conflict.
- Able to work both in team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Masters/postgraduate degree in statistics and/or social science or relevant field for MERL.
- Over 5 years of experience working on M&E.
- Knowledge on IT-based/Management Information Systems for M&E.
- Experience in M&E for development projects focusing on humanitarian response and/or public health, water and sanitation and gender equality.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We Are Lasting Impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We Are Equal, Inclusive, Empowering
We respect all people, value diversity, and uphold equality in the scope of our programs and workplace.
We are transparent and accountable.
We create working climate and partnership that is trusting, honest, transparent and accountable for the decisions we make and the impact our work has on our stakeholders
We Are Smart & Lifelong Learning
At any time, there are always new things that we can know and learn therefore we are eager to seek knowledge that is useful for ourselves and the organization.
We are adaptive and innovative
We are aware that existing problems and future challenges cannot always be solved with a conventional mindset, so we are constantly innovating in search of new breakthroughs.
We prioritize collaboration
We collaborate with various parties, both internally and externally, based on good faith and the principles of partnership that apply in the organization to achieve common goals.
Taking Measured-Risk:We dare to take measured risks to be superior and at the forefront.
We realize that risk is part of decision making, so being brave for taking measured risk is the key for us to be able to keep moving forward to be superior and at the forefront.
Based at CO, PSO or PIA office with at least 40% travel to projects areas, government offices and partner organization both in office, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of Contact with Children
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://tinyurl.com/MERKMSps not later than November 30, 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 12.500.000 - 14.500.000 IDR