Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. Our Private Sector Clients team works at the dynamic interface between the private sector and international cooperation.
As part of a new project in Indonesia, we are developing innovative concepts to strengthen regional waste management systems and expand existing plastic waste value chains. The aim of the project “Bersih Indonesia” is to sustainably reduce the plastic waste leakage into the environment by improving the waste management systems of Malang. The pilot phase in Malang will be followed by two scale-up projects in the regencies of Magelang and Sukabumi. In cooperation with regional authorities, the project seeks to improve the collection and treatment of municipal waste through systemic concepts and infrastructural measures, thereby reducing the harmful impact of waste on the environment. The development of regional waste strategies will be supported by a comprehensive monitoring approach of regional (plastic) waste streams and innovative business and financing models involving all relevant stakeholders. The long-term success of the measures is to be additionally ensured by the establishment of regional public waste management authorities.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor is responsible for conceiving, designing, testing, presenting and implementing the project’s monitoring framework and monitoring operational plan to keep track of the implementation of the project. A dedicated M&E system will ensure that the clients’ results-based approach is followed to measure outputs, outcomes, and impact.
- Ensure the clarity of understanding of the project’s M&E Framework;
- Analyse/review/update the M&E Framework to ensure it is appropriate and consistent with the overall scope of the project (indicators; assumptions; sources of verification);
- Ensure multi-level result measurements (outputs/outcomes/impacts);
- Determine the current status of the project at any point in time, thus ascertaining that implementation is proceeding as planned;
- Determine the sequence and dependency of activities; estimate duration, set milestones and assign responsibilities (resource scheduling);
- Verify proper utilization of project resources, including ensuring that resources are made available on time and are utilized through activities to produce expected deliverables;
- Provide the basis for corrective measures to be taken through identifying early indications of deviations, performance gaps and other problems requiring immediate attention for the project to succeed;
- Indicate whether and where resources are being used efficiently and where strategies for resource allocation may need to be considered or reconsidered.
- Develop regular project reports and dashboards according to the M&E Framework
- Graduate (post-graduate preferred) degree in public administration, business management, political science, sociology, financial management or related discipline;
- Seven to ten years work experience, including consulting in M&E and areas directly related to relevant programmatic sectors;
- Experience in the design and/or implementation of M&E systems;
- Experience in conducting training sessions/prepare guidance material;
- Previous work experience in advisory positions and/or capacity development in technical cooperation in developing countries highly desirable;
- Very strong planning, system development and organizational skills, including results orientation;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in English;
- Ability to undertake field visits;
- Fully proficient in the following software applications: Word, Excel, and Power point.
Duty Station: Malang
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by May 5th, 2021 with subject line BI – MEA
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.