Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Specialist
Position Reports To : Program Manager
Location: : Flores, NTT
Jhpiego seeks MNCH Specialist to support an upcoming USAID MOMENTUM project in Flores Island, NTT. The project aims to assist Government of Indonesia to effectively deliver quality essential primary health care services and contribute to reduce rates of maternal and newborn deaths.
- Accountable for health technical standards/ health guidance for the project implementation.
- Support the Program Manager, District Coordinators and the rest of the team to successfully implement the workplan according to technical guidance and standards including training, technical assistance, monitoring and review.
- Consult with Technical team leader at National level to ensure the project implementation at district level in accordance with workplan and National guidelines
- Support Program Manager with technical input in workplan development, modification, and program review.
- Lead capacity building for internal team to enable them to conduct all the health technical related aspects of their jobs.
- Lead capacity building for technical aspect of MNCH for stakeholder/partners according to the workplan.
- Provide innovative ideas to ensure the intervention/activities will be effective considering the local context
- Provide timely report/ progress to supervisor in accuracy and completeness of information as required
- Monitor program implementation, review and provide feedback
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outcomes and results
- Build and maintain healthy and productive relationship with relevant stakeholders especially in within the intervention location.
- Provide support for advocacy efforts from technical perspective.
- Represent project interests in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Deliver any other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical doctor (pediatrician is preferable)
- At least 5 years of experience working in the technical area of MNCH
- Strong knowledge on Indonesia health system at all levels and experience working around it.
- Strong knowledge of key relevant stakeholders in the area of MNCH and possessing good network
- Experience in developing training materials and delivering training preferred.
- Ability to design, analyze, and be strategic in the implementation of project activities.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, including report writing and dissemination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines on competing priorities
- Written and spoken fluently in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel in Indonesia and internationally
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable