Open to: Internal and External Candidates
Reference No.: SVN/ID10/2017/034
Position Title: Migrant Care Clerk (Operations)
Duty Station: Makassar
Organization Unit: Migrant Assistance Unit
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-3
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract for 6 (six) months, with the possibility of extension. The first three months shall be considered as probation period.
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Closing Date: 1 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the National Program Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator Eastern Region, the incumbent is responsible for providing support on Operational clerical and movement activities.
II. CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support with the implementation of the movement plan in coordination with Jakarta colleagues and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Provide assistance in movement activities at the Sultan Hasanuddin Makassar airport including preparing and reporting the activities.
- Ensure that all relevant staffs are informed of any requirements with flights/movements activities.
- Ensure the receiving report/MIGO request of all Operations-related rendered services is done in timely manner.
- Receive and check all incoming invoices from suppliers, services providers, and submit document for verification process by other ops colleagues.
- Assist preparing RFP (request for payment) and ensuring that all supporting documents are attached for dully approved/authorized payment to all vendors and contractors
- Coordinate office fleet and drivers to support Ops activities
- Facilitate communication between migrants and vendors ensuring that the service and goods are provided in line with IOM’s standard and procedure as well as provide clerical assistance as needed, such as drafting and follow up letters to vendors or other stakeholders
- Provide support for Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR) request and AVR database maintenance
- Perform other duties as may be required.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with minimum one year of relevant working experience in the field of administrative, finance, logistic and or airline operations,
- High school degree/certificate with minimum three years of relevant working experience in the field of administrative, finance, logistic and or airline operations.
- Good knowledge of, and experience in project implementation and operational.
- Have experience working with refugees/asylum seekers, or community development projects; particularly in dealing with migrants or direct beneficiaries;
- Previous experience working with IOM is an advantage;
- Experiences in areas related to the work of humanitarian matters or experience gained from working in the UN is an advantage.
- Proficient in computer applications (advance Excel, Word processing)
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
IV. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly; d) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) Displays mastery of subject matter; g) Contributes to a collegial team environment; i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional offices.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of education certificate.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE