Launched in 2005, the Microentrepreneurship Awards is a program implemented by Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) that aims at raise awareness on the importance of micro-entrepreneurship and microfinance in supporting the financial inclusion and economic empowerment of low-income individuals. It also aims to highlight the important role micro-entrepreneurs play and contribute in their local economies; catalyze innovations among microfinance institutions (MFIs) that will lead to an increase in their outreach and their micro-entrepreneur portfolios; and to leverage awareness of policy makers within the government of Indonesia towards enabling a supportive environment for micro-entrepreneurs through a conducive set of regulations.
The Microentrepreneurship Awards competition is open for the public and micro-entrepreneurs were able to apply through the official website in October – December 2017. From all the applicants, 50 Semifinalists was then selected and visited by the committee to conduct a survey on their businesses and MFIs. After further verification and evaluation, 20 applicants were selected as the finalists. The selected finalists were then invited to attend a 3-day boot camp and final judging that will determined 7 micro-entrepreneurs and 1 MFI winners. Each micro-entrepreneur winner will receive prizes and coaching and mentoring for two months to further develop their businesses.
Project Locations :
Cianjur and Bekasi (West Java); Sleman and Yogyakarta (Special Region of Yogyakarta); Bontang (East Kalimantan); Malang (East Java).
|Business Description||Location||Capacity Building Needs|
Purpose / Project Description:
The Micro-Entrepreneurs Mentoring Consultant will be responsible of designing and delivering training/ coaching/ and or mentoring and provide trainers/ facilitators/ and or experts to support the business development of 7 micro-entrepreneur winners.
Support the overall business development of the 7 micro-entrepreneur winners by increasing their capacity (skills and knowledge), connecting them to a larger supply chain, and providing access to sustainable pool of local and national resources, communities, and experts.
The Consultant will:
- Design a training/ coaching/ and mentoring program based on the needs of 7 micro-entrepreneur winners.
- Travel to each micro-entrepreneur winners’ locations to deliver the training/ coaching/ and mentoring program.
- Provide trainers and mentors or experts for the training/ coaching/ and mentoring program.
- Provide the necessary tools, supplies, and logistics related to the training/ coaching/ and or mentoring program.
- Conduct additional indirect coaching and mentoring through telephone, messages, email, social media, or other communications platforms.
- Measure the agreed key performance indicators for each participant as the output of the training/ coaching/ and mentoring program.
The Consultant will produce:
- 7 customized training/ coaching/ and mentoring program designs.
- 7 training/ coaching/ and mentoring schedule.
- 7 baseline assessment.
- 7 end-line assessment.
- 7 training/ coaching/ and mentoring program final reports.
Timeframe / Schedule:
The training/ coaching/ and mentoring program will be conducted in a 2 – 3 months’ period starting at April – June 2018. The final report should be received no later than 24 June 2018.
The Consultant will report to:
The Consultant will work closely with:
The Program Assistant and Communication Officer