MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) SPECIALIST-
JAKARTA/BANTEN/EAST JAVA/NORTH SUMATERA/SOUTH SULAWESI
Jhpiego seeks MEL to support an upcoming USAID MOMENTUM Private Sector project in Jakarta, Banten, East Java, North Sumatera and South Sulawesi. The post holder will assist Senior Program Manager in setting and tracking project indicators.
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location : Jakarta/Banten/East Java/North Sumatera/South Sulawesi
Anticipated Start Date: April 2021
- Provide input and recommendations to set SMART project indicators in alignment with project scope and goal along with the baseline, monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Develop effective and efficient monitoring systems, processes, and tools to provide quality (timely, accurate, and complete) data and generating evidence
- Oversee project baseline and evaluation in coordination with other team members and/or external consultant
- Design data collection forms and manage data collation and analysis systems
- Conduct analysis of project performance and progress based on data monitoring and provide feedback/input to rest of project team accordingly
- Check data quality and make corrective actions as necessary to ensure that the data/information generated is correct and reliable
- Track indicator achievement at all levels (output, outcome, and impact/goal)
- Build capacity of team members to participate in project monitoring within their respective roles
- Conduct field visits to oversee how data collection and M&E processes are implemented on the ground and provide immediate support or corrective action as necessary
- Identify the key challenges on project implementation at district level and provide specific recommendation for improvement
- Prepare relevant MEL consolidated reports and presentations for the project and represent project in professional circles.
- In collaboration with project team, establish project learning agendas and conduct small-scale evaluation or demonstration activities as needed.
- Deliver any other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required. Master’s degree in public health is preferred
- At least 5 years of M&E experience, including developing monitoring systems and tools, with strong knowledge base of M&E approaches
- Experience working with USAID project is preferred
- Experience working with local International Review Board in Indonesia
- Experience working in technical areas in maternal, newborn and child health
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong eye for detail
- Experience working in a research environment or information-generating context and designing data collection tools
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform decision making and changes in project course
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relations with key partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well as a team
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with human centered-design desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Preferable having residential in our project locations: Jakarta/Banten/East Java/North Sumatera/ South Sulawesi
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with information of 3 referees, expected salary and details of availability to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position with your preferable location (e.g. MEL Specialist Momentum Private Sector for North Sumatra). For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable