Job Position: Media and Communication Coordinator
Work Location: North Jakarta, Indonesia
About the Organization
Among more than seven billion people who live on today’s Earth, one billion go to bed with an empty stomach every day. While food is the fuel of everything in human lives, we often take food for granted. Improving food security for all is becoming more critical every day with rapid population growth, changing climate, depleting aquifers, and land uses competition. Tay Juhana Foundation (TJF) realizes that this global issue should be given more attention. A series of immediate actions must be taken to avoid its aggravation.
TJF is fully-operated by a group of young talents who are committed to utilize their optimum skills and capabilities to formulate effective strategies, conduct comprehensive researches, and communicate the messages in cultivating food crops in suboptimal lands, such as peatland. We have been doing that while minimizing the risk of environmental degradation by leveraging the available, constantly-improving technology and experts. We believe that our programs can bring a significant change in the way we manage our lands, which will eventually lead to the improvement of the global state of food security.
We invite qualified candidates who share the same passion with us to become the agents of change for the mentioned causes by joining our small, dynamic team in Jakarta as Media and Communication Coordinator.
- Determining framework and work plan for the division, and essentially directing the media and communication team.
- Designing the communication strategy for promoting the organization causes and its relevant issues.
- Providing strategy and social media plan through competitive research, benchmarking, and audience identification.
- Coordinating the production of editorial plan and relevant contents, both needed regularly and incidentally.
- Engaging and curating contact progress with the internal team, as well as the potential partners and relevant
- Ensuring the quality performance of the media and communication team through effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation.
Candidate Requirement and Qualification
- Candidate must have a strong passion in working within a nonprofit organization – especially within one focuses on food security, good agricultural practice, and sustainable development.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Media or other relevant studies.
- Candidate must have 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a related area. A minimum of 1 year on the same level is preferable.
- Familiarity in social media and visual design is a must.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication in English is compulsory.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels, as well as in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment. Good rapport in networking with multiple stakeholders, particularly those relevant in sustainable development theme, is desirable.
- Candidate must have proven leadership, problem-solving, independent and teamwork skills.
- Candidate must be a creative, innovative, dynamic, highly-motivated individual with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other parts of Indonesia and overseas at times are required.
- Opportunity to play a key role in the essential growth phase of a promising nonprofit organization.
- Opportunity to work in a vibrant working environment and collaborate with representatives of multiple stakeholders.
- Possible internal and external training/workshops
- Competitive salary (commensurate with skills and experience).
- Most importantly, the opportunity to contribute in solving critical issues and become the agent of change for the future of our planet!
How to Apply
Interested applicant must send a set of application documents which includes:
- A current CV/resume with the most recent photograph attached.
- A statement of Expression of Interest (EOI) addressing your suitability and potential contribution to the offered position (max. 1 page).
- A scanned copy of valid ID card (KTP/SIM/passport).
- A scanned copy of the latest degree certificate and transcript.
- A scanned relevant certificate and portofolio, if any.
Applications sent without any of the four components mentioned above will not be considered for the first stage.
The application document must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with cc email@example.com and expected salary clearly stated in it, no later than 15 December 2019 11.59 PM.
Please indicate on the subject heading “TJF Application – MCC – [Your Name]” (e.g. TJF Application – MCC – Julian Trilaksana).
Kindly informed that most of the selection processes will be conducted in Jakarta.
TJF is an inclusive and diversity-friendly organization. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. The selection’s committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.