CWS/Indonesia (https://cwsglobal.org/our-work/asia/indonesia/) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS Indonesia is currently focusing on 3 main program areas:
- Refugee Protection
- Humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction / management
- Food security and nutrition
The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will mainly assist the MEAL Specialist and Program Development and Quality Team in the compilation and analysis of program data and learning, contribute in designing and implementing study / research / survey /evaluation, setting-up and implementing accountability mechanism to beneficiaries, project quality monitoring trough the provision of high quality data and resources
RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
MEAL Officer will assist PDQM, and when assigned, also MEAL Specialist, in the following aspects:
1. Monitoring and evaluation
- Compile and provide required data for reporting to donors and CWS requirements.
- Supporting to the implementation of MEAL essential standards in CWS Projects.
- In collaboration with program team, support the MEAL Specialist in develop Program Quality Benchmarks, data collection tools, and regular data collection related to respective project indicators.
- Supporting the implementation of baseline, evaluation, research, and/or activities, either led by PDQ team or by consultant/vendor.
- Use process, output, and outcome level quality Benchmarks as reference to undertake field monitoring visits, focusing on program quality aspects, discuss with relevant staff and share reports with relevant colleagues.
- When requested, perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Participate in the design of evaluations under the guidance of PDQM and MEAL Specialist.
- Act as Person in-Charge for CWS data management of Complaint Feedback Mechanism, including maintenance of database and system troubleshooting.
- When necessary, respond to inquiries in the CFM or forward sensitive inquiries to MEAL Specialist, PDQM and Program Managers.
- Analyse incoming accountability data from field and share with PDQM and MEAL Specialist.
- Convert accountability data into CFM dashboard on monthly basis.
- In collaboration with program staff, ensure CFM accessible to different community elements including children, person with disability, and other gender.
- In collaboration with program staff, ensure data collection tools and process respects the principle of inclusion.
3. Learning, Compliance, and Innovation
- Provide technical support by identify necessary resources to assist in learning, project design and workplan.
- Guided by, collect significant change and/or information from the field with program staff; when necessary, write success stories.
- Notify MEAL Specialist and PDQM regarding compliance issue.
- Support the implementation of training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong MEAL system.
4. Support the MEAL aspect implementation in project Reporting, Coordination and Communication
- Develop draft of regular internal reports for PDQ-led projects or activities.
- Compile the monthly report from PMs.
- Conduct data management on data beneficiaries plan and reached, including maintenance of database and system troubleshooting on this data.
- Assist program staff in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Execute ongoing project tracking mechanism.
- Support the preparation of project reports, in collaboration with program staff.
- Notify PDQM and MEAL specialist on potential challenges and/or issues related data as result of monitoring, evaluation, and accountability in existing projects and proposal development.
- Support the PDQ team presentation on related topics.
5. Research, Assessment, evaluation
a. Mobile and manual data collection
- Support MEAL specialist on MEAL activities (the research, assessment etc) by:
- Support MEAL Specialist in design of simple and complex questionnaire using XLS or form builder (Kobo form builder, ONA form builder, etc.)
- Support in installing and configuring mobile data collection tools (OKD collect, Kobo collect, ONA collect, etc.) on smart phones or tablets and manage data on mobile servers (Kobo form builder, ONA form builder, etc.)
- Support in capacity building of other staff in developing XLS form and setting up mobile data collection.
- Management of various level of user roles at Kobo Toolbox and Ona.
b. Data analysis, including use of statistical software.
- Support the development spatial data from maps, documents, and other data sources.
- Support the analyse data and develop spatial data models and maps.
- Support the triangulate findings from several qualitative and quantitative sources.
- If required, considering available resources, competency, and relevant experience, additional tasks may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- Support existing CWS’ policies, principles, and mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in a M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on international development projects.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Ability in advance Excel is essential.
- Ability in data collection such as Kobo, ODK, ONA is an advantage.
- Ability in operate Power BI is an advantage.
- Ability in SPSS and/or STATA is an advantage.
- Experience with two or more cross-cutting areas, such as child participation, gender, etc, is an
- Demonstrated ability in data quality assessments and oversight, developing and refining data collection tools and analyzing data.
- Having skills in research, training, and mentoring is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Willing to travel and work irregular hours.
CWS does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age,
disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please be informed that the job is
in Jakarta area and CWS does not provide accommodation nor travel arrangement for selected individual.
CWS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk and reference to the need for the successful applicant to undertake a criminal record check where
HOW TO APPLY
Application should include a cover letter, reflecting suitability with qualification, and a curriculum vitae,
which includes contact number, expected net salary and contacts of 3 professional referees (one must be
from HR Department). The document should be merged and submitted in PDF, not more than 2 MB, to https://forms.gle/1uhvCegj1b3pksQz5 by 24th November 2023 at the latest.