MATERNAL AND NEWBORN HEALTH / FAMILY PLANNING SPECIALIST
Jhpiego seeks MNH/FP Specialist to support an upcoming USAID MOMENTUM Private Sector project. The post holder will play a significant role in conducting advocacy and ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with required quality and MNH standards.
Reports To: Chief of Party
Location : Jakarta
Anticipated Start Date: April 2021
- Accountable for MNH technical standards/ MNH guidance for the project implementation.
- Support the line manager to successfully implement the workplan according to technical guidance and standards including training, technical assistance, monitoring and review.
- Support line manager in developing and modify workplan and reviewing the program
- Lead capacity building for internal team to enable them to conduct all the MNH technical related aspects of their jobs.
- Lead capacity building for Puskesmas, community health workers and other relevant partners on technical aspects in coordination with Senior Program Manager.
- Provide timely report/ progress to line manager in accuracy and completeness of information as required
- Monitor program implementation and provide feedback and review accordingly.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outcomes and results
- Build and maintain healthy and productive relationship with relevant stakeholders at all levels and donors including MOH, DHO, health facilities and communities.
- Lead advocacy effort starting including advocacy strategy formulation and execution at all levels (district, province and national).
- Represent the project interests in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Join regular meetings/coordination with operations to make sure that all the technical aspects are well incorporated in implementation.
- Build and maintain coordination with the relevant internal functions to support the success of project.
- Ensure the updated and correct information for any relevant MNH/FP data or information and update as necessary such as MNH/FP policy, government direction, WHO guidance as well as any relevant emerging MNH/FP issue.
- Medical doctor (pediatrician is preferable).
- At least 5 years of experience working in the technical area of MNH/FP
- Strong knowledge on Indonesia health system at all levels and experience working around it.
- Strong knowledge of key relevant stakeholders in the area of child health and possessing good network
- Strong relationship with MOH and other relevant key stakeholders in MNH/FP
- Experience working in the area of community engagement and health promotion.
- Experience working with Puskesmas/health facilities.
- Experience working in advocacy.
- Experience in developing training materials and delivering training preferred.
- Ability to design, analyze, and be strategic in the implementation of project activities.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, including report writing and dissemination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines on competing priorities
- Written and spoken fluently in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel in Indonesia and internationally
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with information of 3 referees, expected salary and details of availability to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable