Konservasi Indonesia is a national foundation established to support sustainable development in the country. We are the main partner of Conservation International in Indonesia. For more information, please visit: www.konservasi-id.org
We envision a healthy and prosperous Indonesia where biodiversity is valued and preserved. With offices and project sites across Indonesia, we promote a sustainable landscape-seascape approach and establish partnerships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and jurisdictions to deliver lasting impacts for people and nature in Indonesia.
As we are constantly expanding, we are currently hiring to fill the following position for our office in Manokwari:
Manokwari Operations Officer
The Manokwari Operations Officer provides financial, operational, and administrative support for Manokwari office of Konservasi Indonesia (KI). The purpose of the role is to implement finance transaction and procedures for accountable and reliable report, to ensure proper administration, field HR needs with accurate and timely manner. The Manokwari Operation Officer will be supervised by the Raja Ampat Finance Coordinator and also dotted report to West Papua Forestry Manager.
- Financial Duties
- Handle Manokwari Office Petty Cash, preparing bank disbursements while making sure that all financial transactions are in budget and accordance with KI procedure and policy.
- Review Travel Expense Report to comply with KI regulation with adequate supporting documents.
- Handling payment of local transport/fee/per diem of participants/speakers of event, workshop, and meeting.
- Handles regular office payment i.e: utilities, Telephone, Internet, Car/Motorcycle Rent, Outsource Payment, Medical reimbursement, etc.
- Enters all financial transactions (petty cash voucher, bank payment voucher, general ledger journal) into KI’s online accounting system on daily basis and making sure that all are correctly charged to the approved charging codes.
- Ensures that Travel Advances or Activity Advances are cleared in timely manner.
- Prepares monthly tax worksheet of Manokwari office and submits it to Jakarta office.
- Prepare reconciliation for GL Account: Bank, petty cash, A/R and A/P
- Prepare monthly cash request for 45 calendar days field needs and submit it to Jakarta office and request transfer(s) of money to BNI Manokwari to ensure that there is always enough fund in the bank account to cover all field activity costs.
- Maintains the files of payment vouchers, general journal vouchers, financial reports, bank statements, and other financial documents of Manokwari office
- Admin & Logistic:
- Arranging meeting, workshop and events (venue selection, logistics arrangement, materials, and communication with participants).
- Maintain Manokwari Office Inventory list, conducts physical checking periodically and ensure the asset list is updated periodically both in inventory list and in BW
- Supervise outsource staff (Guard, Office Support) and maintain communication with outsource company as well with HR Jakarta. This include any SPK staff for other operation role.
- Maintain and manage office supplies including make standard office needs and maintain the stock, such as stationery, kitchen supplies, etc
- Purchase regular office supplies (stationary and groceries) and maintain office supplies inventory
- Maintain the functionality of office equipment’s and general services such as office building, AC, telephone, electricity and other electronic devices.
- Ensuring the vehicle (car and motorcycle) log is managed as per regulation
- Organizes Filing System and information, handling incoming and outgoing letter/mail, daily correspondence, sending or receiving letter and messages by post, telephone
- Serves as receptionist and welcome visitor or guest in a good manner (incoming calls are dealt politely and efficiently)
- Maintain frequent communication, and including regular meetings with staff in Manokwari
- Assists in arranging staff travel (reservation of flight and accommodation
- Assists Supervisor/Program Manager in preparing contract or agreement for Service, Honorarium, Office Lease, Travel, Vehicle and Grants
- Human Resources:
- Maintains good record of Manokwari staff leave and send it to HR for verification and updated record on a monthly basis including the supporting form
- Remind staff to complete monthly timesheet and ensure proper coding (donor code and different leave codes).
- Assist to prepare SPK needed in Manokwari Office using the standard template and review the timesheet for payment.
- On-time and accurate submission of all timesheets and expense reports (cash/travel advances, )
- Ensures that all tasks are delivered smoothly, timely and accurately within minimum supervising.
- Any related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Finance or management education background will be an advantage.
- Preferable 1-year relevant work experience in Finance and Administration.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary. Demonstrated detail focus, self-confidence, and an ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members are required.
- Possess good knowledge of local cultural setting in West Papua, especially in Manokwari
- Computer skills with strong familiarity of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software are mandatory
- Have experience with Non-Government Organization (NGO)
- Able to work in remote area
- Able to work under pressure independently with long-distance supervising
- Work is performed in a typical office environment which requires field trip to KI’s sites.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours to meet deadlines as needed.
- Working overtime sometimes is needed especially during a certain event.
Please send your current resume, cover letter and portfolio to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
< MOPS > – < your name >
Closing date for the application is Mar 27, 2023
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).