Wahid Foundation (WF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of a tolerant and multicultural society in Indonesia with strong works on interfaith dialogue, peacebuilding, community empowerment, freedom of religion and belief, and preventing/countering violent extremism (P/CVE). Established in 2004 by KH Abdurrahman Wahid (Gus Dur), the 4th President of Indonesia, Wahid Foundation has been working with various grassroots actors, such as religious and indigenous leaders, community organizations, as well as youth and women activists. Having strong partnership with a wide network of civil society and multiple levels of state stakeholders, WF also has a solid capacity to facilitate policy advocacy to advance the public agenda for a more tolerant, inclusive, and resilient society in Indonesia.
We are looking for a passionate, values-driven and experienced Managing Director to provide overall leadership and management of the organizational mission, operations and resources. We are looking for someone with a strong commitment to peaceful Islam and a solid experience of international issues with localized implementation.
Managing Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization. Managing Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization, ensuring that processes are efficient, effective, and aligned with the strategic objectives.
Managing Director will work with and supervise the Program and Operation Teams. This position reports directly to Director.
|Contract Type||Full Time – Fixed Term Contract|
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with Director, provide overall strategic leadership and direction of the organization within current contexts and challenges.
- Working together with colleagues and partners to design and formulate programmatic actions relevant to organizational missions and responsive to current challenges.
- Leading the overall strategy of resource mobilization and programmatic implementation in the whole works area of the organization.
- Represents the organization to the government, public institutions, international partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Strengthening institutional capacity in a rapidly changing environment.
Qualification, Knowledge and Competencies
- Postgraduate degree in social science and other relevant fields
- More than 5 years of experience as manager in public sector organizations
- Ability and experience in institutional representation
- Strong track record in a leadership position mobilizing resources, overseeing the overall operations of an organization and maintaining a solid team amidst challenging environment
- Extensive knowledge of peaceful faiths and ability to integrate it into professional expertise
- Experience in international networks and multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong analytical skills: ability to synthesize complex information
- Strong ethical integrity and respects for diversity and local contexts
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English, both written and spoken
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English not later than November 25th, 2023 to the email : email@example.com